Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spark Reduction map

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    That's axle torque. If you shift from 1st to 2nd gear, you lose torque multiplication ratio in the trans. They have sculpted the table so the driver doesn't normally feel a huge step as it changes each gear unless you are WOP.

GM is usually at either the knock limit or MBT. It's not 1992 anymore, they know how much timing is ideal at each condition. If adding the supercharger is transparent in that region, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel with spark timing.

Um, thank you? That was actually the goal. We didn't want to make the vehicle difficult to drive in traffic or parallel park when all you have to do to get full power is move your foot a fraction of an inch. You have the option to modify the driver request table if you want to make it more rowdy. Be aware that you will trade "sportiness" for street manners and potentially safety. The delivered calibration struck what Whipple believed to be a good balance, similar to what I have done on several other DBW programs.
    If the throttle is opening 100% at 100% pedal input, that's all she's got. Final vehicle results can vary drastically depending on axle ratio, wheel/tire size, or vehicle weight. I had a program a while ago where we had a supercharged GenV truck that drove awesome and then they put a set of BroDozer wheels and tires on it. It lost 80rwhp on the dyno and didn't really feel supercharged anymore from the driver's seat. That's just how much impact the rest of the vehicle can have, even though the engine is making boost/power. That said, holding a transmission gear 10-20% higher at part throttle makes a world of difference on what the driver feels too.
    I did not know that about the comanded Tq. I personally like to feel the shift. Maybe I'm old school. Hate the flare between gears.

Thanks for the response and assistance. None of my comments were to be directed at you personally. I'm just working to get it to behave as I would want.

I haven't had a chance to drive with the suggested transmission changes you gave me because the inner-cooler pump is dead. new one in route. I tried some tables from BlueCat software but somethings not right in the results.

I may be expecting to much My comparison is a 2012 Camaro with 6.2L Cam and supercharger with 6 speed trans. It definitely hates traffic and going less than 15mph the cam is very heavy.

The truck feels like its right on the edge of being crazy good. I have a smaller pulley 2 steps down and will be hitting the dyno for some spark tuning in the next week or so. (Because you suggested it)

I'm sorry if i have come across as negative. You do good work and I appreciate you assistance.
    Last edited by HellKnightHicks; 06-23-2020 at 01:06 PM.

I keep getting a p0121 after coming off of a hard boost hit.

Should I up or lower the MAP Estimated minimum. Im hitting 150kpa and see the vacuum drop to 17kpa