Thread: once again...WHY????

Tuner in Training

once again...WHY????

Anyone??? Why does my AIC start to close with wheel speed? JTEC,1999, 5.9 gas engine, manual transmission. engine wants to die and starts surging coming to a stop with clutch in. As soon as i stop it goes to commanded idle and idles fine. sitting on a hill, take my foot off the brake and as soon as computer sees wheel speed, I can see the iac start to close on the vcm scanner. I don't know what to adjust to stop this.
    This is a JTEC computer. There's not a lot of parameters to adjust like a GM or HEMI. I've made my warm spark idle timing tables that same as main up to 900 rpm, and then matched the idle tables with my main spark tables using the same spread as the manufacturer did. Here is a short drive vcm scanner. about middle way there's a long pause at 0 mph (fast fwd to there). I'm sitting on a hill in neutral. i take my foot off the brake and you can see the IAC start to close and then surge until I stop again.
    Engine info...rebuilt engine 218/226 @.050, 525/525 lift, 112+4. edelbrock heads, 9.6:1 compression.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I've installed a new Mopar IAC valve, I've tried 2 different vehicle speed sensors, 2 different Mopar throttle position sensors.
    Trying to find information on the JTEC platform is next to impossible. If it was an LS, I could EXPERT information from a 90 year old grandma standing in line at WalMart, or from my sons 12 year old friend, but when it comes to JTEC...crickets! so frustrating
    Last edited by Dwg86; 06-05-2022 at 04:59 PM.