Thread: Focus st, need simple advice and tips

Tuner in Training

Focus st, need simple advice and tips

I was hoping to get some insight as to tuning this engine and/ or vehicle specifically. I tuned my ecotec lnf in my old car quite a bit but I realize how irrelevant that its to these. I've read the how-tos on the 3.5 and more and have done plenty of lurking on this car but would like some help in where to start should I decide to tune my focus.
    Essentially as general or detailed as you would like to be is perfectly acceptable as I am willing to do as much research as is available for a particular adjustment. I would just like to know which tables should be modified first, second, which tables to leave alone, etc.
    My main goal is longevity and a general reduction of "limiting" from the ECM if that makes sense. My car is stock and always uses 93 octane if that helps, but any and all input is greatly appreciated and I'm sure would help reduce more new threads with previously answered questions being asked.
    Thanks for the help in the past and hopefully future.

Tuner in Training
    First thing I would do is to take a look at the 3.5 ecoboost tuning parameters. Also setup your scanner with any channel that includes Limit or Source. The first thing that limits you from my experience with my 2.0 Escape was the LSPI tables. Lo,High, and Norminal I only messed with the tables above 2k rpm. Take your time with the tune and change one thing at a time. Don't go changing a bunch of tables without understanding what they do. Take a look at a thread on the focusRS forum called Tuning for fun "Not profit." You can take a look over at my thread the 2.0 escape tuning as well as the 3.5 tuning guide. Don't change everything exactly like the 3.5 tuning guide it caused a non start issue on my car when I first started out.
    Last edited by dubau2; 05-27-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I was curious as to how similar the 2.0 is to the 3.5. I know lspi is the Achilles heel of Gtdi so I would like to focus on keeping it to an absolute minimum. I was just unsure if it was similar to the ecotec in regards that output was based largely to maximum allowed torque and if going at it from that perspective would be unwise in this vehicle.

Tuner in Training
    I will probably leave that question up to a more experienced tuner. Lol wish I could help

Tuner in Training
    I should probably mention, my main goal is primarily reducing or eliminating stock torque limiting. Im not very interested in squeezing max power and forsaking reliability/ driveability.