Thread: Mpvi2 issues- unhappy customer.

Tuner

Mpvi2 issues- unhappy customer.

Just wanted to give a heads up to all you good folks. If you have issues out of your mpvi2 losing connection with your vehicle and or computer, OR losing connection with your wideband, send it to hp tuners within 6 months. I've had mine almost 2 years and it sat for about a year of those two years. Flashed a few tunes on 6 or 7 vehicles one time each. Minimal use. When I first got it it would lose connection. I'd unplug it from obd2, then laptop turn the vehicle off and connect it all and it would fix it. Got my truck running and decided to tune on it. As of two weeks ago it still does that but now loses connection with wideband in middle of drive scan. Super frustrating. I bought a new pro link thinking that was it, bc if I held it the right way it would start reading. New pro link, still looses connection very frequently. This weekend I squeezed the mpvi2 in a certain spot and it started working, worked for a few drives. Emailed support to ask them if it was a warrantee item and he said the only option I have is to buy another one. No other solution, just buy a new one. (Other than sending it in and diagnosing it, but I feel strongly it's the interface ). It's pretty frustrating to know I've supported hp tuners for 10 years now and you buy the latest and greatest and this is what you get. Wish I had kept my mpvi now. Just wanted y'all to know. Pretty unhappy customer right here.
    Last edited by bmorrow8; 05-28-2020 at 11:04 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorrow8 View Post
    Just wanted to give a heads up to all you good folks. If you have issues out of your mpvi2 losing connection with your vehicle and or computer, OR losing connection with your wideband, send it to hp tuners within 6 months. I?ve had mine almost 2 years and it say for about a year of those two years. Flashed a few tunes on 6 or 7 vehicles one time each. Minimal use. When I first got it it would lose connection. I?d unplug it from obd2, the laptop turn the vehicle off and connect it all and it would fix it. Got my truck running and decided to tune on it. As of two weeks ago it still does that but now loses connection with wide band in mind drive scan. Super frustrating. I bought a new pro link thinking that was it bc if I held it the right way it would start reading. New pro link, still looses connection very frequently. This weekend I squeezed the mpvi2 in a certain spot and it started working, worked for a few drives. Emailed support to ask them if it was a warrantee item and he said the only option I have is to buy another one. No other solution, just buy a new one. (Other than sending it in and diagnosing it but I feel strongly it?s the interface ). It?s pretty frustrating to know I?ve supported hp tuners for 10 years now and you buy the latest and greatest and this is what you get. Wish I had kept my mpvi now. Just wanted y?all to know. Pretty unhappy customer right here.
    We offer a discount on a replacement interface, if you post your ticket number I can review further.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    rma 218003

I've posted this on several facebook tuning groups and there are numerous customer having the same issue. There is obviously an issue with a lot of the MPVI2 interfaces. I just happened to let mine sit in a box for too long. I had the issue when I first got it, flashed a tune for a buddy right after I got my interface. I saw the issue then but I know new products have bugs and read there would be a new software release to fix connection issues. I got my truck running earlier this year and flashed another tune after sitting in the box over a year. Slow process to do an ls swap with limited budget. after seeing this issue, I did another software upgrade and even tried beta. Then two weeks ago it stopped reading my wideband. Finally narrowed it down to squeezing the interface and found a sweet spot. I'm just surprised about how the issue is being handled. A known issue within HP tuners for many customers and because I let it sit in a box, I am out of luck.... that's very frustrating.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorrow8 View Post
    rma 218003

I've posted this on several facebook tuning groups and there are numerous customer having the same issue. There is obviously an issue with a lot of the MPVI2 interfaces. I just happened to let mine sit in a box for too long. I had the issue when I first got it, flashed a tune for a buddy right after I got my interface. I saw the issue then but I know new products have bugs and read there would be a new software release to fix connection issues. I got my truck running earlier this year and flashed another tune after sitting in the box over a year. Slow process to do an ls swap with limited budget. after seeing this issue, I did another software upgrade and even tried beta. Then two weeks ago it stopped reading my wideband. Finally narrowed it down to squeezing the interface and found a sweet spot. I'm just surprised about how the issue is being handled. A known issue within HP tuners for many customers and because I let it sit in a box, I am out of luck.... that's very frustrating.
    Looks like Eric already offered you the discounted interface. Not much else we can do in this case, sorry.

Our products come with a 6 month warranty, your interface was purchased nearly 2 years ago and is far out of its warranty period.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"