Thread: p01 hard start after first reflash everytime 3 bar os

Potential Tuner

p01 hard start after first reflash everytime 3 bar os

i am running a 3 bar os with a 3 bar map, removed the maf and added an iat sensor, wired in the sensor and it reads fine but i am having hard start issues everytime i reflash the ecm and its just the first time i have issues with it. once it starts one time it starts everytime on the first try. i noticed that the p0103 code doesnt come up until the second start, it used to come up immediately after the first start before but now that i have added a iat sensor it comes on the second time, i got wiring diagram and wired the sensor correctly and the maf wires are heat shrinked separately. any suggestions? and i am also just assuming its the maf code not coming on and it wanting the reference the maf on the first start after i reflash the ecm. also i should add that while it wants to start, me peddling the gas peddle does nothing, it cranks over, idles to about 600rpm sometimes, then dies all within 2-3 seconds. it just takes a few times on the initial start up to get it going. the log is just there for referance it doesnt show it when its trying to start.
    Attached Files Attached Files

For the hell of it change the fail to 0hz and set codes P0101 and P0102 to MIL on first error as well.

Are the linear and offset settings correct for the 3 bar MAP you have??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have seen this. We have had several where the first start and only the first start after a flash did not run correctly. Could never fix it and it never created an issue after the first start. Only on gen3.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    For the hell of it change the fail to 0hz and set codes P0101 and P0102 to MIL on first error as well.

Are the linear and offset settings correct for the 3 bar MAP you have??
    i just changed it in the tune ill try it tomorrow and see what it does. and yes the linear and offset are correct for the map sensor.