Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed density tuning

Relentless I'm having trouble pulling up your Speed Density.Graph in the scanner. I down load the file and it doesn't save. if I try to download and open it opens in what looks like code.
    I maybe doing something wrong

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcbryantllc View Post
    Relentless I'm having trouble pulling up your Speed Density.Graph in the scanner. I down load the file and it doesn't save. if I try to download and open it opens in what looks like code.
    I maybe doing something wrong
    I think if you download it>Save as> desktop. Then open your scanner>Graphs>Open, then look on the desktop for that file you just saved, that should work. For some reason i cant set VCM scanner as the default program to open files either. Hope this helps, if it doesn't PM me and ill reload the file.

tried what you said. still doesn't work. I try to open with scanner and still will not load.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    (([Calculated MAP]/(([MAP Sensor]*[Slope])+[Offset]))-1)*100 This is the Math parameter needed to use my graph.Attachment 100015Attachment 99975 The graph is currently set at >20% filter. I recommend doing one mapped point at a time though. It leaves less variable for the SD calculator (it will do its own thing if you allow it to).

Im going to Write up a detailed how to on my notes. Ill share it on here also. I though there was a way to share a link to my OneNote file but all i can find right now is how to share it by email. If you are interested just PM me your Email.
    Thank you for help.

PM sent

Relentless, In your notes you talk about map sensors having different slopes and offset. where are you finding this information?
    Also the pcm reads map as inhg. shouldn't we be using map data as inhg?
    I'm using an AEM 30-230-75 5 bar map sensor

data sheet
    https://www.aemelectronics.com/files...sor%20Data.pdf

Relentless, I feel your pain. Been down the same path for over a year now with a 2019 GT with a Vortec blower. Coyote Cookbook and Tuning school. Both were incomplete. Sent several support requests to the Tuning school because they claimed their head tuner " can tune anything" Apparently not the Gen 3 coyote. Rather than trying to help, they refunded the payment and I returned the manual. I have paid two different tuners to tune the car and neither could get it right, so I have been working on it myself. I would be happy to pay for a functional tune file for my setup. Anyone up to the challenge?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Relentless, I feel your pain. Been down the same path for over a year now with a 2019 GT with a Vortec blower. Coyote Cookbook and Tuning school. Both were incomplete. Sent several support requests to the Tuning school because they claimed their head tuner " can tune anything" Apparently not the Gen 3 coyote. Rather than trying to help, they refunded the payment and I returned the manual. I have paid two different tuners to tune the car and neither could get it right, so I have been working on it myself. I would be happy to pay for a functional tune file for my setup. Anyone up to the challenge?
    Yeah it seems there is a variable that few know. I would be interested in seeing some of your logs, modification list, and a description of your issues. I'm not saying I can fix it, but I'm hoping to see a trend in some of these tunes. And I am not charging lol.

been giving this a look just to see how it acts/impacts driving. Built a harness and adapter to plug into the AC pressure sensor and then using a GM 1 bar sensor. was surprised at how close things are most of the times. The built in SD calculator works very well but takes getting used to. multiple data points clustered together help a ton. you can start to see the trend and easily blend to the cells in between and around.

At what point would we consider this done? with in +/-0.50 in/hg measured map?

How is the baro calculated? can we affect that somehow?
    On the SD calculator there is a place to change "Exh Map", is that exhaust or external map? thinking exhaust

Stock TB
    lu47 inj on e85
    MY18 manifold with IMRC active.
    GT350 intake with stock gt350 MAF curve (no changes to curve)
    Used low fuel slope to adjust fuel trims, -0.5% to 0.5% pretty much from top to bottom. with one or two spots +/- 1%. was hoping that would leave the calculated MAP from the MAF as close to perfect/flow bench quality as i can.

Here is a before and after adjustment at mid range WOT.
    STOCK SD.png adj SD.png

getting to the right mapped point is critical. some of the maps that are constantly blended (4,5,6,7) will pull the air load higher or lower even when not weighted very much <25%

need to start working out one map at a time. something new to learn, have not stripped it down to single maps before.
    Last edited by Grim5.0; 07-26-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Yes, SD model is very accurate in N/A application - you can only make it worse while trying to tune it with external sensor.

There's no baro sensor up to 2018 - it was inferred. 2018+ Bosch ECU's have build it baro sensor.

Tuner
    HP Acadamy has a walkthrough of tuning a Raptor 6.2L with a SC in Aus. They more or less start at the bottom with things to do and start doing base line runs. SD wasnt the first things they touched. They Went through Torque Tables first. Are you attempting to do any tuning on a Dyno? I realize there is a significant differences here. But since the Strategies are similar the concept applies. Ill make some notes as im about to rewatch the vids.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Yes, SD model is very accurate in N/A application - you can only make it worse while trying to tune it with external sensor.

There's no baro sensor up to 2018 - it was inferred. 2018+ Bosch ECU's have build it baro sensor.
    That’s what I have found with stock cams and intake. How are heavily built N/A motors in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    That’s what I have found with stock cams and intake. How are heavily built N/A motors in your experience?
    Cams only and you already need to correct SD as you wont make correct LOAD/power at your new peak.

Quote Originally Posted by WobbleWobble View Post
    HP Acadamy has a walkthrough of tuning a Raptor 6.2L with a SC in Aus. They more or less start at the bottom with things to do and start doing base line runs. SD wasnt the first things they touched. They Went through Torque Tables first. Are you attempting to do any tuning on a Dyno? I realize there is a significant differences here. But since the Strategies are similar the concept applies. Ill make some notes as im about to rewatch the vids.
    I watched that, it?s not bad, but he does a very quick job, and only cleans up the limited Roush cal.

Few mapped points like 4.
    He applies error across them all equally - had I done this on my whipple cal it would have been bad juju.
    He tests a couple ranges and extrapolates, calculator pretty much requires and ensures this, it?s smoothed when calculated.
    There are no changes to the hardware or base calibration, he is just dialing it in and adjusting for their spotty fuel. The degree of difficulty on that was like 1 of 10.

Big thing is that he did MAF properly first. If you don?t have that right don?t bother. I wouldn?t do torque before SD, but that?s me.

Honestly, and I like Andres work a ton, there is a lot of stuff their reflash videos do not address. If your optimizing cam angles, adding boost, or making big boy changes you will find their how to vids lacking. I have talked to him and he knows, but he can?t get to fine grained details on the reflash stuff.

His theory, and stand alone stuff is better. Not trying to poo poo the product I have a me,Byers hip and find it valuable, but it?s limited.

Man oh man this is a great thread.

I just picked up a 2020 Mustang GT for the new shop car. It will be twin turbo 10r80 car so I've got my hands full. I've been working with TonyG from tuners inc on helping dial in a customer car I have at the shop that is essentially the same combo - 2020 GT, twin turbo, 10r80 and its giving me a hell of a time. Of course "never seen that before" is the canned response.

What function does the speed density stuff serve? wot tuning? part throttle? drivability? Idle?

Working on dialing in the MAF but I feel like that's only 1/2 of the equation. I'd like to get the car to use all of its capability to run and drive like stock.

Is that too much to ask?

Customer car made 838whp on 12psi so far today, but running into weird hiccups we're trying to address
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing