Thread: E38 Throttle Response Adjustments - Desired Throttle Area Table

Tuner in Training

E38 Throttle Response Adjustments - Desired Throttle Area Table

Hi all, after a ton of reading - I am still a bit confused on adjusting these tables.

The stock C6 LS3 I have (6l80e) has the below 0-9% Throttle zeroed out and starts with 1 at 15%.
    See Below:
    Annotation 2020-05-28 154410.png

Is there a way to adjust this to get a little more response down low? Similar to what a Peddal Commander would do.

I notice the ZR1 base tune has 1 starting at 9%

I am assuming this would be the right area to do so, but know I cant change things too much.

Anyone modify these tables want to share a screenshot?

never done it myself but yeah go for it. ive heard you just need to maintain a smooth ramp. I don't think you'd mess up by shifting the table to the left 1 or 2. worse thing you don't like it and put it back.

Senior Tuner
    read the info at the bottom of the page when ur cursor is on that table tab, get it wrong and its not good so most just do small changes if any

Add some decimal places to your table, you probably find that those are not all zeros.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Advanced Tuner
    I generally use the tables to restrict power on blown cars.

Comes in very handy with PD blower cars if they are over-pulley'd or experience belt slip in higher rpm's. Restrict it opening in the mid range then let it eat as the rpm's get up.

As an example, I have a 416ci & harrop fdfi2650 combo in 1 of my cars, for testing purposes @ full pedal to the floor. I have it set to 23% @ & below 2400rpm moving up to 43% in the 100APP column. Car is still QAF, but still makes 10psi of boost vs 18 & still makes 600+whp.

Tuner in Training
    For whoever is curious down the line - After a few different tests, I added the following changes to Tables A B and C.
    APP.png

End Result:
    Modifed APP.png

Feels a lot better!

I mod this table on almost every car... BuT some will put you in REP instantly

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I mod this table on almost every car... BuT some will put you in REP instantly
    Haven't had issues in a few hundred miles.

Safe to go higher based on what you do? I've been enjoying the changes so far.

I don’t want to disclose what I do to them on an open forum.. but yes you can

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Glad to see some others that actually use this table to their benefit. Makes a wonderful difference in the dead area in the first bit of pedal travel, in my opinion.

how far did you end up going? i keep playing with my Throttle Area maps and get into REP and a p0606 when i go too far...but haven't found the limit yet

~Ryan