Thread: Help on raising anSUVs mph limit, I?m a newbie.

Tuner in Training

Help on raising anSUVs mph limit, I?m a newbie.

A friend wants to raise his speed limiter as it only goes 98 mph. It?s an 00-06 model, I forgot the year.
    I?ve never done one as most everything I?ve messed with is not limited, Camaros etc...
    I did a search here, and one post says u change source to calibration.
    Is this in the area or place the speed limiter is at?
    I don?t remember seeing a source for the camaro but then I didn?t pay attention.
    I just want to be ahead of the game when he brings it over and not hold him up.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
    A friend wants to raise his speed limiter as it only goes 98 mph. It?s an 00-06 model, I forgot the year.
    I?ve never done one as most everything I?ve messed with is not limited, Camaros etc...
    I did a search here, and one post says u change source to calibration.
    Is this in the area or place the speed limiter is at?
    I don?t remember seeing a source for the camaro but then I didn?t pay attention.
    I just want to be ahead of the game when he brings it over and not hold him up.
    Raising the speed limiter is a very poor decision on that vehicle unless you change to a stronger drive shaft. They are well known to come apart over 100 mph due to the shaft hitting critical velocity.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah he understands that. He’s upgraded stuff but I didn’t ask what, it’s not fast one bit.

Just go to the speedo tab and change the limiter settings.

The speed limiter and the limiter by fuel if it has that table too. Change them to like 130mph.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just go to the speedo tab and change the limiter settings.

The speed limiter and the limiter by fuel if it has that table too. Change them to like 130mph.
    So the change the source to calibration setting was not for gen 3?
    Just change what u said and then do a write calibration? Not an entire rewrite, correct?

The GMLAN to calibration is GEN4 stuff.

Calibration only for these changes here. You could have pulled a stock file yourself from any of those years to give you an idea of what to look at.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I mostly do stuff with my iPad and tuning only with the laptop. In other words, I guess I was too lazy to start up my laptop.
    I hadn’t turned on the laptop to see a tune lately but I recall my 00 camaro tune and mph limiter area which I figured may be the same.
    The fuel limiter is one I don’t recall seeing but I’ll look now.
    Just when I did a search, minimal info and was gen 4 stuff, I figured let me ask 1st.
    But I did do a search 1st but I’m still learning.

Did what u said and it worked.
    Thank you
    Last edited by BLACK DEATH; 05-30-2020 at 12:34 PM.