Thread: New ECU?

Potential Tuner

New ECU?

My 06 cobalt ss has been acting strange and i took it to a local shop to see whats wrong and they said my ecu has corrupted files. Should i get a new ecu and buy a tuner? Or should i just get a new ecu and get it professionally tuned? Also another shop said there's something wrong with my supercharger as well,they said there's something rattling

If you feel like you can tune it yourself, go ahead and buy HP Tunes so you can learn it and do it.

The new computer needs to be flashed by a dealership or someone that can do new stock files.

If you don't want to do it, then you could buy a new computer and have someone tune it for you.

There is a plastic coupler inside the supercharger snout on the M62/M90 style superchargers that connect the pulley/shaft to the gears on the rotors. That couple gets loose over time and starts to rattle at idle. If the noise stops above idle, then that is likely it. You can also remove the belt and rock the supercharger pulley back and forth, if the clunk is there it's the coupler. You can replace it with a new one. I'm sure there are lots of video's on the youtube about it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.