Thread: Updated documentation, please.

Tuner

Updated documentation, please.

I feel like a lot of the questions in the forums could be answered by NOT just sticky'ing the good posts, but actually sitting down and writing proper documentation, up-to-date, for each and every latest version, where needed. I have been requesting this for I think 2 years, and have not seen a single new update in the docs. They still refer to version vcm v3. Why is this not a priority? I only ask because I have written docs on other forums on how to use YOUR software, because I got tired of explaining the same thing... I mean, I am writing your documentation, of course not being paid to. If you want, I am MORE than willing to do detailed writeups if you guys won't, and charge a modest fee to do so. The community would really thank you for some more support on your end on the software the licences that we pay soooo much money for. And this is not a tongue-in-cheek response. I get it, you are a car performance outfit, but the way i see it, as an engineer, you are a software company, and a software company as a standard, should ALWAYS provide up-to-date docs and information, and hopefully an actual phone number.

I, and the rest of the community to whom I have spoken, respectfully request that you guys update the docs on your own software. It will ease support on your end, on the forum, and save ALL of our fingers from typing the same things over and over.

and please don't tell me you are working on it, but no ETA. If I ALWAYS said I have no ETA on my code commits, I would get fired hella quick. Come on, guys. If you are shorthanded, I am a badass, and I will work for a fraction of my normal consulting fee. We really need more docs and detailed info. I will help. GLADLY.

Tuner
    I second the request! As I have been disappointed since day on on the documentation. Excellent product but documentation is so outdated and not enough detail even on the outdated documentation.

I've been in IT for 36 years as a developer -> Executive and always required BA's, Tech writers or even developers to write documentation. I don't understand either.