Thread: Falling on face

Potential Tuner

Falling on face

All help appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    02 5.3 553 stage 4 cam

Ok, well I see some big problems and you are not logging near enough data to be helpful.

Your coolant temp is at 250+ degrees, is that accurate or is this thing going to melt down??

You need to fix that issue as soon as possible, the engine will never be happy if it is that hot or think it is that hot.

The log is missing lots of data. Commanded AFR, injector information, cylinder airmass. I see that it's running in open loop but there is no wideband data so you can watch real time air fuel ratio's in the scanner. Knock retard is missing from the logs.

What is the complete mod list?

What is your fuel pressure.

And post your tune file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Ok, well I see some big problems and you are not logging near enough data to be helpful.

Your coolant temp is at 250+ degrees, is that accurate or is this thing going to melt down??

You need to fix that issue as soon as possible, the engine will never be happy if it is that hot or think it is that hot.

The log is missing lots of data. Commanded AFR, injector information, cylinder airmass. I see that it's running in open loop but there is no wideband data so you can watch real time air fuel ratio's in the scanner. Knock retard is missing from the logs.

What is the complete mod list?

What is your fuel pressure.

And post your tune file.
    Fuel pressure is 55 at rail

Btr 553 cam kit that?s all the mods that I know of

I do not know how to add to the log files
    I?ve attached the tune

Thank you so much
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrc6522 View Post
    Fuel pressure is 55 at rail

Btr 553 cam kit that?s all the mods that I know of

I do not know how to add to the log files
    I?ve attached the tune

Thank you so much
    Also the temp has to be wrong and I know a bad temp sensor is very well my culprit. A temp gun at the sensor showed temp at 200

Figure out your overheating problem.

If it's just a camshaft kit with no breathing mods like headers, it's not going to make very good power. I hope it has a big stall converter too, otherwise it's going to drive pretty bad on the stock stall.

This truck also will not have the injector room for the power this camshaft can make. The stock fuel injectors are too small.

Get some new injectors and get a wideband hooked up. That is the only way to tune the fueling to make it run good. Something like this is pretty really hard for a novice to tackle. Not impossible but it'll be a struggle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Headers and cold air intake I forgot to mention. Stock stall. It does try to pull at stop signs. Also once this thing clears out... it’s making power and runs good till a stop sign or red light only taking off is when it falls on its face back fires some and clears out and runs great. Idles good also. Put it in gear and it tries to die then clear it out and it runs great.
    Last edited by Jrc6522; 05-29-2020 at 10:35 PM.