Thread: Injector Flow Rate Curve or Flat ?

Injector Flow Rate Curve or Flat ?

Been tuning new injectors on a 2002 Sierra return fuel system and had a question on which injector flow rate to use. fuel pressure readings are 58 with vac to regulator and then it drops to 50 with out any vacuum. So would I use a flat IFR or sloped ? When I use a flat curve my VE calls for 115 in some tables at WOT.
    when I use a curved slope it brings the VE tables down at WOT.
    How much is too much on the VE table 100 110 125 ?

Thanks in advance

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmanimal View Post
    Been tuning new injectors on a 2002 Sierra return fuel system and had a question on which injector flow rate to use. fuel pressure readings are 58 with vac to regulator and then it drops to 50 with out any vacuum. So would I use a flat IFR or sloped ? When I use a flat curve my VE calls for 115 in some tables at WOT.
    when I use a curved slope it brings the VE tables down at WOT.
    How much is too much on the VE table 100 110 125 ?

Thanks in advance
    You sure you got that right? FP is always lower with vacuum on the regulator. IFR is flat with vacc referenced regulator, sloped with dead head fuel rail.

Thanks, there must be something wrong with my FP regulator its 58psi with vac 50psi no vac that might explain my tuning woes for sure.
    I realize now that I need a flat IFR curve for vac fuel press regulator. I was just experimenting to see if it brought my VE tables below 115 around WOT area. With the new injectors never go past 70% duty cycle so guess they aren't being over driven. Done a million searches and couldn't find an answer for what the max VE table number in any cell is ?
    Last edited by metalmanimal; 06-01-2020 at 11:29 AM.

All fixed now, installed a new FPR. Guess the 20yo junkyard fuel rail FPR wasn't cutting it, tthe small o ring on the end was completely gone and the screen was gummed up and cracked. After new FPR totally changed my fueling and not asking for so much up top.