Thread: Launching At The Track

Potential Tuner

Launching At The Track

I can not get my car to launch at the track I hit the gas and it takes a second for the car to take off. My 60 ft times this weekend were 1.7s and 1.8s and I have been in the 1.5s to 1.6s pretty consistently before but now for some reason it will not take off. I tried some stuff in the tune I put in a different TCM but I still had the some results. Day one was the factory TCM and Day 2 was the Mopar Performance TCM . This tune has the Mopar TCM.

Car has Mickey Thompson ET Street R Radials
    6.1 440
    13.5 Compression
    Built Trans
    After Market Torque Converter
    4.10 Rear Gears
    E85
    Attached Files Attached Files

Man that’s a healthy high compression what are the dyno numbers ?

Potential Tuner
    I have not been to the dyno. The car is an 07 charger and the best time I have so far is 10.92 with the seats taken out plus I have a roll bar. Right now I am running 11.5s and I can not figure out whats going on with the throttle body not opening 100% until I am 100 feet down the track. I think the car should be in the 10s pretty consistently with decent weather and good track prep.

Advanced Tuner
    Log torque source.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner
    I do not not have the option to log torque source in my channels and I just updated them.

can it be traction control by a chance that seems like it kicking in modulating the throttle

i changed a few thing in the tune to disable TC/ESP i also upped the maximum airflow for lower rpm try it out and tell me if something changes
    Last edited by malikib; 06-03-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Here are a couple of logs with the changes. The throttle body is still closing but the tires are spinning to so not sure if it helped any. How is the torque calculate in the engines computer and what parameters is it looking at to come up with the calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by 440leh View Post
    Here are a couple of logs with the changes. The throttle body is still closing but the tires are spinning to so not sure if it helped any. How is the torque calculate in the engines computer and what parameters is it looking at to come up with the calculations.
    do you launch the car by dumping it from neutral ? i think this is bad for your transmission it's better to keep it in 1st and foot braking it . what is the stall of the converter ?
    did it use to spin before the changes i sent you ?

here is an update , i disabled dfco as it was messing with the ve readings i did changes on the entire tune and took a degree of timing out cause it was knocking , adjusted the driver demand tables and throttle ramp rate among other thing try it out and update me

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for helping out. The car is in drive not sure why it is saying its in neutral. The Trans and Stall are Paramount and not sure what the stall is I just gave him my motor specs and he sent one out I thought it was 3600-4000 not sure that was back in 2012. Here is a couple of logs on the street before you made any changes. The car did have 1.5s 60ft times but now this year they are around 1.7 to 1.8s. I have messed with the tune some so not sure if it was something I did or if there is something else going on.

Advanced Tuner
    Send a ticket into support to have them add torque source for your calibration. I bet when you can log it it will show "stall".
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.