Thread: 2 Questions - auto to manual - PE not happening

Tuner in Training

2 Questions - auto to manual - PE not happening

First question - I have a nv3500, the computer is from a 2001 Tahoe. Do I need to do a segment swap for a manual transmission to get the idle to come back down to ~1000 instead of 1500 to 1700? I have attempted to reduce the Throttle Cracker by 5% but then the vehicle stalls when coming to a stop.

Second question - I am in the process of tuning the VE table. Today while logging I noticed that PE didn't work? It was calling for .85 but was staying at 1.0. This is confusing me since it did work earlier in the log. Any advise would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Starting with a manual file is always the best route to take. Just changing the drop down menu to manual does nothing and in some cases will cause back ground issues. You can try a segment swap but no guarantee that is works on the auto to manual change. The segment swap has to be done on the stock OS too, so you'd have to go back to the original file and not your 1 bar MAF enhanced OS you have now.

PE is working. Remember that PE is just a request, it's changing the commanded AFR and the tune file shows it. If you are not getting that AFR drop on your wideband, then you have real issues. Like fuel pressure problems or a bad MAF/VE tune. Your o2 sensors bottom out under full throttle, that tells me a fuel related.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Starting with a manual file is always the best route to take. Just changing the drop down menu to manual does nothing and in some cases will cause back ground issues. You can try a segment swap but no guarantee that is works on the auto to manual change. The segment swap has to be done on the stock OS too, so you'd have to go back to the original file and not your 1 bar MAF enhanced OS you have now.

PE is working. Remember that PE is just a request, it's changing the commanded AFR and the tune file shows it. If you are not getting that AFR drop on your wideband, then you have real issues. Like fuel pressure problems or a bad MAF/VE tune. Your o2 sensors bottom out under full throttle, that tells me a fuel related.
    I'm confused about the manual file. Are you saying that I should find a manual file and write that to my com?

I'm still working on the VE table. It's changed dramatically since I put this 6.0 in. A lot more than I initially suspected it would. As always, thank you for your help.

Starting over with a factory manual file is just the ideal situation but you don't have to do that. I'm just saying that ideally a manual transmissions should start with manual file as they are already setup for that. You can attempt a segment swap if you want.

Because switching to a manual file will just cost you more money at this point.

Get fueling under control and then mess with idle airflow and idle timing to try to get stuff to work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you!