Thread: Noob here: sawtooth spark

Tuner in Training

Noob here: sawtooth spark

i have a 2014 Z28. I dont know whats done to it but Its likely got a Vengeance HCI package with LT's and such.

the idle is chopping way harder than it needs to and it has bad cam surge especially at very low TPS levels. On the scanner, Im seeing the spark fluctuate wildly. I made a few adjustments based on what recommendations ive seen from other users. The Idle is a bit smoother but the cam surge is still there. Turning off Spark smoothing didnt really help with the cam surge. attaching my current tune and last log. Id like to keep the adaptive spark. im not sure what other fields to adjust or really which way to adjust these tables... My experience with hpt is limited to cummins stuff...

20200531 v2.hpt05312020v2 reduced adaptive idle spark ctrl.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Halve your idle spark corrections for both overspeed and under speed for all 3 tables. P/N, gear and coast.

Enable spark smoothing again. I find turning it off does nothings i suspect the software doesn’t quite input the command for complete disable correctly. Just set all 3 delta values to 35nm and then halve the high gain table and multiply the low gain table by 0.4

That should solve those 2 problems

Tuner in Training
    ok, so by half, multiply the over/under speed tables by 0.5? bringin the negative values closer to zero?

i did adjust some of my base idle airflow and throttle follower airflow which helped. so when i tried out the spark smoothing disable, it seemed to help a little. however, final spark advance is still being adjusted at idle. Im not sure what other tables on the spark tab are affecting the final spark advance.