Thread: idle surging surging/ jumping in gear

idle surging surging/ jumping in gear

so im going to post my tune for a problem i am having i cant seem to grasp the relationship proportional and integral gain to settle down the idle surgin and jumping.
    also im looking for that chop in the cam i have a comp 270 any help would be awesome
    Attached Files Attached Files

can you attach a log , and what modifications does the car have

well thingsthat i saw, your VE table hasn't been touched since last year . you should get a wideband and tune it first and see the PE it seems stock as well
    there are very strange things in your tune , for one the transmission general tab the trans is set to manual enabled and the 8speed is disabled ? i dont think there is a manual grans cherokee and i don't know what this will do , plus why are your communication protocol disabled ?
    one more thing ANN is disabled so scaling your injectors wont affect the anything , everything in the car is running from VE

i attached a tune to make the idle better test it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by malikib; 06-02-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Yes sorry I?m running a full manual th400 set up. I have been building this thing off and on since last year. I will try your attached file. Thanks all

Finally got to take a look at what u sent me and I?m liking what I?m seeing. Talk to me bout this neural network. I?ve heard it both ways on use. A tuner guy I talked to a few times for help has told me to leave it off. What advantages do I have using it. I have a 426 stroker. Manley internals. Comp springs. 270 cam. Cam phase limiter. Manton pushrods. 6.1 style Johnson lifters. Mds delete. Stand alone harness. Th400 full reverse manual transmission. Long tube headers. 80lbs ls style injectors. Edelbrock victor intake. 90mm bbk throttle body. But thinking of dumping that tb for a hellcat.

Tuner in Training
    Went through the same issue and the best way I found to resolve it was airflow. Looking at your airflow tables I would suggest lowering airflow from <= .75V. Start with 10% and keep reducing if you notice the idle getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailhousecustoms112 View Post
    Finally got to take a look at what u sent me and I?m liking what I?m seeing. Talk to me bout this neural network. I?ve heard it both ways on use. A tuner guy I talked to a few times for help has told me to leave it off. What advantages do I have using it. I have a 426 stroker. Manley internals. Comp springs. 270 cam. Cam phase limiter. Manton pushrods. 6.1 style Johnson lifters. Mds delete. Stand alone harness. Th400 full reverse manual transmission. Long tube headers. 80lbs ls style injectors. Edelbrock victor intake. 90mm bbk throttle body. But thinking of dumping that tb for a hellcat.
    so did you try my tune ? did it help with the idle

basically ANN is artificial intelligence that automatically tunes the car when it is on the VE table as adjusted by the pcm and we basically have little control . on a setup as big as yours we are better off tuning the ve tables ourselves as too many thing have changed and it would get the ANN confused to tune the VE tables we need a wideband and a histogram to exactly dial in the fuelling after that we can deal with idle issue and i most probably will be solved when we dial things in
    Many things needs to be changed in the tune now that i know what your mods are

No I haven?t try it yet. Got it torn all apart again having to make new motor mounts and add more bracing