Thread: New tuner

Potential Tuner

New tuner

Hello everyone I need some help with a problem. I've tried tuning my truck several different way and always have the same result. my problem is either I'm running too rich cruising and lean WOT or real lean cruise and perfect WOT. It is my daily just logged going to around my place in the middle of nowhere USA. A few 0-60ish in the log. It's a 2006 Silverado flex fule with a 226/232 lift .578, Forged rods and piston. New 5.3 bored 5.7. 243 heads ported. long tubes, flex fuel injectors which are 36#. upgraded rockers and oil pump. ARP bolts. there's more I just can't remember everything.

logfilehp1.hpl
    try2.hpt

Data logs will be worthless if you have those LTFT's still in there. Those must be cleared before you can start logging. It must read zero otherwise the trims are still altering the fueling on you.

Also if you are trying to tune the VE table, don't forget to set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error and remove the MAF from your logs when tuning the VE with the wideband.

Cylinder volume is still setup for a 5.3 and not a 5.7, that needs to be changed. The calculation for the fueling will be off if the computer thinks the engine is smaller than it really is.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your help did everything you said! I'll run it tomorrow and see what happens then adjust the tune
    Last edited by Jeffjeff; 06-01-2020 at 11:49 PM.