Thread: Minimum Pump DC - 2015 ZL1

Potential Tuner

Minimum Pump DC - 2015 ZL1

Trying to correct the FPCM's overcompensation that happens when my aux pump comes on under WOT. Fuel pressure drops to almost 50psi before crawling back up to 65psi. How generous/stingy should I be with adjusting this setting? Read DSX's article on tuning and saw that there wasn't really a set number to go with, so I figured bumping it from 10% to 15% would be a safe start. I'm new to this, gotta learn somewhere right?

Advanced Tuner
    I never changed the min pump DC when I ran the dsx aux pump. it stayed at 10%. I did however change the High flow mode to 550kpa, and a bunch of other stuff I forget now. post a tune. My fuel pressure went to 73psi
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Potential Tuner
    My problem isn't really how high my fuel pressure gets under WOT, it stays pretty steady at 65psi. My main problem is that in instances where the DSX pump kicks on, once I let off the throttle, the pressure has sometimes dropped almost to 25psi before coming back up to it's normal low flow setting of 350kpa. I'm trying to smooth that out. Here's my current file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
    Trying to correct the FPCM's overcompensation that happens when my aux pump comes on under WOT. Fuel pressure drops to almost 50psi before crawling back up to 65psi. How generous/stingy should I be with adjusting this setting? Read DSX's article on tuning and saw that there wasn't really a set number to go with, so I figured bumping it from 10% to 15% would be a safe start. I'm new to this, gotta learn somewhere right?
    Did you ever get this sorted with adjusting the "[FSCM] 6999 - Minimum Fuel Pump DC"? Mid pull the FSCM tries to bring the full pressure down and undershoots causing a hesitation before it can get back to the requested fuel pressure.

Advanced Tuner
    I make a graph based on the min dc table and use this math. Works well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
    My problem isn't really how high my fuel pressure gets under WOT, it stays pretty steady at 65psi. My main problem is that in instances where the DSX pump kicks on, once I let off the throttle, the pressure has sometimes dropped almost to 25psi before coming back up to it's normal low flow setting of 350kpa. I'm trying to smooth that out. Here's my current file.
    Anyone figure a fix for this? Having this exact thing happen.

wot2.hpl

If you see during the wot pull it holds, after the pull it shoots up high for a second and then falls to under 30psi before returning to 50psi