Thread: Using glow shift wideband for datalogging?

Potential Tuner

Using glow shift wideband for datalogging?

Would I be able to use this wideband to datalog like an AEM using the serial output?

Advanced Tuner
    I don't recall if it had a serial output. But, I do remember that the Glowshift analog ( 0-5v ) output was the worst of any wideband that I have tested; both in noise and accuracy. This was a couple of years ago. So, they may have improved ( I hope ). So, if you can't get a serial data connection, I would recommend, maybe, looking for a different wideband, for logging.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    I don't recall if it had a serial output. But, I do remember that the Glowshift analog ( 0-5v ) output was the worst of any wideband that I have tested; both in noise and accuracy. This was a couple of years ago. So, they may have improved ( I hope ). So, if you can't get a serial data connection, I would recommend, maybe, looking for a different wideband, for logging.
    Thank you for you’re reply!! I was only asking because I’ve already had it sitting in the garage! I do not plan to buy another one of those lol. I was actually looking into the AEM 30-0310x which should be good right?

Advanced Tuner
    The AEM 30-03xx are very good in CAN and Analog outputs.

Their serial outputs are kinda weak-ish. As in, only 100ms sample/polling rate and only 3 digits accuracy. But, good/clean, within those limits.

From best to worst, connection quality wise, for the AEM X-series widebands, it goes :

1. CAN connection via ProLink ( 30-0300 and 30-0310 )
    2. CAN connection via OBDII ( 30-0333, 30-0334, and re-FLASHed 30-0300, 30-0310 )
    3. Analog Output via ProLink ( All X-series. Some require adding pins to connectors )
    4. Analog output via EGR or A/C ( All X-series. Some require adding pins to connectors )
    5. Serial data from re-FLASHed 30-0300. ( 20ms update, 4-digits )
    6. Serial data from all other X-series ( 100ms update, 3-digits )

IIRC, after the AEM X-series, the next performer was the Zeitronics ZT-3.