Thread: discrete fan issues

Tuner in Training

discrete fan issues

Hello all
    did some searching but some threads left open ended. I'm having issues with an LS transplant, E38 controlled discrete fans. I believe the logic etc is correct but am getting fan one on then fan two but they don't shut back off until key off. Am i missing something? is this type of strategy confined to a certain operating system.....a bit stumped
    i Have fan state, % and fan on/off in the scanner but still not doing what i think it should as it is set. Hardware is 2 completely separate relays divorced of any common wiring - tune is a "get it going so we can system check"...still needs work
    Any input greatly appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Had plenty of issues with discrete fan setting on E38 and E40 ECMs. What works in one setup may not work in another. Try settings from this file, I know they worked in that swap at least.

2008holden_calais_V1.2.hpt

Tuner in Training
    grandam75 thanks for settings possibility but unfortunately that did not work either.
    After looking at many iterations of the combinations and comparing to my scans im starting to think its time based. The scans all show it blowing past the flags for shut off and then about 2 minutes 6-15 seconds later it changes state back to 1 then 20-30 secs later back to state 0. Maybe there is a parameter missing baked into the background we cant access......crap!

Tuner in Training
    I also realized today the vehicle has AC on it but no charge ...pressure is 0 KPA....could this be related?

Tuner in Training
    well it still isn't resolved .....lots of looks but nobody seems to be having the same problem and I've tried so many combos with no result. I'm still hopeful someone in the community has worked through this solution

I'm having a similar problem with an L61 / E37 ('07 Pontiac G5 2.2, standalone)

Is there any way to determine the live "Fan State"? I can see the option in VCM Scanner sometimes, but no data.

I can get the fan to come on and never go off. I can get it to come on for about 5 seconds, go off and never come back on, or never come on at all.
    1972 Triumph Spitfire Ecotec Swap
    MEFI-4B & L61 - deceased; ate it's own balance shafts - because I did a dumb.
    E37 & GenII L61 - Runs great! (extracted from an '07 Pontiac Pursuit / G5)
    LSJ for the future..?

Advanced Tuner
    On my E67 ECU the fans will NOT turn off when the vehicle speed is zero. They behave as expected when the car is moving. Looking at your log file, the VSS was zero so I assume you're testing this while parked. Try logging fan1 and fan2 while driving.

Tuner in Training
    I will try with movement but still would like to see it working during standstill or traffic jam scenario