Thread: Manifold volume include intake ports?

Tuner in Training

Manifold volume include intake ports?

Have a 5.7 hemi with ported heads, procharger, ported intake manifold, bigger TB, and more. Approximate flow numbers indicate stock heads flow at about 260-270cfm and the ported heads flow at 320-330cfm. If the stock heads on the intake side are 161cc, ported I would assume then have about a 15-20% volume increase to match the flow numbers (rounding down a bit from the 22% to compensate for polishing increasing flow rather than volume). Multiplied out for all 8 cylinders would give a cc increase of about 280cc, would it make sense then to up the intake manifold volume by the .28L to help with more accurate transient fueling (and just more accurate factors as a whole)? I read that the Manifold Volume includes the intake ports, which would make sense to me but I'm very new at HP software.
    Last edited by TerrysTrans; 06-03-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrysTrans View Post
    Have a 5.7 hemi with ported heads, procharger, ported intake manifold, bigger TB, and more. Approximate flow numbers indicate stock heads flow at about 260-270cfm and the ported heads flow at 320-330cfm. If the stock heads on the intake side are 161cc, ported I would assume then have about a 15-20% volume increase to match the flow numbers (rounding down a bit from the 22% to compensate for polishing increasing flow rather than volume). Multiplied out for all 8 cylinders would give a cc increase of about 280cc, would it make sense then to up the intake manifold volume by the .28L to help with more accurate transient fueling (and just more accurate factors as a whole)? I read that the Manifold Volume includes the intake ports, which would make sense to me but I'm very new at HP software.
    Very interesting. I would like to know also .

Tuner in Training
    Just as a follow up, I upped the volume and it did seem to help with a smoothed out exhaust tone and more driveability.

Just as a follow up, I upped the volume and it did seem to help with a smoothed out exhaust tone and more driveability.
    Did it change your fueling in any way?

Tuner in Training
    haven't gotten a chance to datalog.

haven't gotten a chance to datalog.
    Keep me posted .
    Thank you