Thread: Flashing with a IDS.

Flashing with a IDS.

SO at some point I,m gonna be doing a 4.2 to 8 inch touch screen upgrade on my 2017 Fusion Sport, and will have to go in with the IDS program. Change a bunch of the as build data so everything works, my question is. When I do all that, will I loose my license and have to buy two more credits ?

I use the IDS alot. If you are changing the as built data for a body system, not the PCM, then HP tuners has nothing to do with it, unless they started doing body stuff too. If you have to change as built data in the PCM, it shouldn't change the serial number of the PCM itself, as it is not a change in the installed software/operating system.

For the record, this opinion is not a guarantee. I've programmed a fair amount of modules in my time, and have had to use as built data as well. I just typically don't change it from OE.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.