Thread: Knock while bad shifting

Potential Tuner

Knock while bad shifting

Hey guys I have a 2010 CTS V A6. Mods are Cold air intake, headers, and full exhaust. Only mods in tune are to remove any rear o2 reports and P1153, P1133. I have been experiencing some hard/ugly downshifts and upshifts on WOT even before the o2 removal. I have logged and found to be getting knock while it shifts and at some points after, hoping its not a mechanical problem and can be fixed with a tune. Im new to HPtuners and tuning. Ive added/removed parameters that I think would help with find out what is wrong, if im missing any let me know and I will log once again. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's with the large spikes in MAP pressure? Its not backfiring into the manifold is it? You really need a wideband o2 installed to see 100% what's going on.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

What is that running, 5psi boost? Got some boost spikes at throttle opening and closing, which also problably happens between shifts, could be causing lean also, could be source of knock. Most knock starts when the boost spike hits.. good example at 10:43:57.

YOu need to turn your 02 readings back on, at least so they are logging, that would be an indicator if it's real lean or rich.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 06-04-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the replies guys, I went out and logged once again with wideband. Car is running super lean it seems to exceed the widebange range under load. Xjas I believe it is backfiring in the manifold, Im certain I have a bad fuel pump now with all the logs recording. Fuel pressure is around 40 and drops under load while injector duty is really high up. 10_SS it should be at the stock 9 PSI, with these other readings I believe I found my issue. Thanks for the help guys, I should've kept all readings unlike I was advised.
    Attached Files Attached Files