Thread: Something is wrong and I cant see it.

Something is wrong and I cant see it.

So I have watched several videos and with the older gen 3 stuff I didnt have this issue.

This is the scanner setup for an e68 pcm trying to tune VVE

I have 2 issues the main one is something is wrong with my graph math. Everytime I log and then subtract by half percentage it seems to go further off the results I am looking for. Its like its doing the opposite of what I am wanting.

I added my graphs for MAF tuning and EQ Err they both do the same when I log and multiply by half. I have the NTK AFX wideband this is for a 2007 TBSS.

I know its a math issue that is wrong but I cant see it.

Thanks in advance!!

Can someone point me in the direction of what is wrong?swideband.Channels.xmlSWideband.Graphs.xml
    2007 Trailblazer SS
    Pacesetter long tubes/magnaflow duals/electric water pump/electric fans/fast lxrt/ported tb/ 4" CAI/as hood/
    1999 CAMARO SS- LS2 1 7/8" LTs|BIGCAM|S2Heads|FTRA|UD Pulley|TRU DUALS|LCAs & LCARBs|panhard bar|BMR ADJ T-Arm|racetronix fuel pump|FAST102/102 Mcleod Adj MC|HINSON SHIFTER|S2 T56|4.56s|RAII|K&N|LID|Monster 4/electric water pump/micro edge/lnc2000/qa1s/nx plate/qa1 drag bar/12 bolt/4.11 gears/3.5 ds

there are a couple ways that i do it personally, number one is through the wideband (([50119]/[50118])*100)-100 that formula is (eq ratio/eq ratio commanded * 100)-100. the end result is a percentage difference you can multiply against your ve table. you said you use vve, so make sure your rpm vs map histogram exactly matches your vve table. I use wideband primarily for WOT tuning, but i guess you could use it for idle and part throttle as well.

the other formula i use is the pre built math parameter for LTFT + STFT [50114.156] + [50116.156] these are already in percentage, so when you log it into a histogram, you can multiple the vve or ve by it for pretty accurate changes for idle and part throttle. hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by ssdungeon View Post
    So I have watched several videos and with the older gen 3 stuff I didnt have this issue.

This is the scanner setup for an e68 pcm trying to tune VVE

I have 2 issues the main one is something is wrong with my graph math. Everytime I log and then subtract by half percentage it seems to go further off the results I am looking for. Its like its doing the opposite of what I am wanting.

I added my graphs for MAF tuning and EQ Err they both do the same when I log and multiply by half. I have the NTK AFX wideband this is for a 2007 TBSS.

I know its a math issue that is wrong but I cant see it.

Thanks in advance!!

Can someone point me in the direction of what is wrong?swideband.Channels.xmlSWideband.Graphs.xml

So gen4 is nothing like gen3. Might want to read about injector tip temp and rich after flash. without the log hard to see if you even have the right PIDs
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm