Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ecoboost Mustang dummy check

Advanced Tuner
    Latest.hpl

So this is funny. I noticed last night that the same air load will be achieved with differing amounts of boost. I am wondering if that is temperature dependent. Charge temp to be more specific. Any way, what do yall think about the timing here? Spark limit is cyl pressure limit so it will not increase past this unless the limiter is removed. How high do you guys push pump gas?

With out access to a dyno, I couldn't say exactly where the torque drops off.
    From the tunes that I've seen on Mustangs and Focus RSs with similar air loads, they're all around 4 degrees advance at peak... So I'm not sure I would push it much more than that, maybe 8 degrees max.

Advanced Tuner
    seishuku have you tried your tune from your own car on other mustangs and had same results or is your just like some factory freak lol

I've modified a few tunes with the same methods that I've been using here and have had good reports, but nothing that I've actually seen in person... Just helping out those who ask.

Advanced Tuner
    I appreciate the info sharing for sure

Advanced Tuner
    dynograph.jpg
    That is my latest dyno graph from the tune file I've settled on. The canister pressure table had all the answers in it that I was looking for.
    Latest1.hpl

I've attached my logging configuration, for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    dynograph.jpg
    That is my latest dyno graph from the tune file I've settled on. The canister pressure table had all the answers in it that I was looking for.
    Latest1.hpl
    Looks good too!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Would you care to share the file to compare to seishuku's? would be good info since you look to be making dang good power too

Advanced Tuner
    Swiper New Tune5.hpt

Sure. Beware though, I have raised the cylinder pressure limit spark up a few. The wot spark rides against the knock sensors for the most part so this may not be ideal. I dunno. What do you guys think about raising that limit our of the way and letting the tune mechanics add timing and take away at knock threshold?

Oh, Im also testing this tune file on 87 octane right now. No issues so far.

Advanced Tuner
    thank you , looks like youare making dnag good power on 87 for sure? 335 wheel nice

Advanced Tuner
    On my 93 file I been tuning on this one 17 ecoboost I raised that limit and added 2 degrees to all the spark tables it hits during wot and it’s taking it fine so far. Car is catless downpipe 3 inch mbrp cat back, jlt cold air , big ass cv fabrication race Intercooler and ngk 6510 plugs gapped at .028 and old school vacuum turbo smart bov. I have the lambda spark adder zeroed out and let the knoc sensors add timing on there own if it wants to but it’s always on 93 and driven hard he does a lot of auto cross in it

Advanced Tuner
    this file does the car have any modifications ?

Advanced Tuner
    Nah that wheel hp was on 93. I'm just testing the safety of the tune overall. Im going to test one more tank full of 87 just to be sure. It sure is cheaper but dang is it slow lol

Advanced Tuner
    OH OK LOL, this was a stock vehicle though basically?

Advanced Tuner
    Better airfilter, catless downpipe and street intercooler. Everything else is stock