Thread: First tune trouble with ve table

Potential Tuner

First tune trouble with ve table

I have a LS swapped 68 Chevelle 2000 Silverado 5.3 swapped ECM harness etc Stock heads, custom cold air intake, 2 7/8" Hooker headers, stock intake, Holley fuel tank with 255 LPH pump, Stock return style fuel system, stock fuel rail with new FPR

mild comp 54-414-11 cam
    Advertised Intake Duration: 269
    Advertised Exhaust Duration: 273
    Intake Duration at .050 Inch Lift: 216
    Exhaust Duration at .050 Inch Lift: 220
    Intake Valve Lift: 0.525
    Exhaust Valve Lift: 0.532
    Lobe Separation: 114

I've completed the MAF tuning and moved into SD tuning once and ran out of injector duty cycle at high rpm with stock 21lb injectors. Installed GM 8.1 34 lb injectors from FIC. The only advice on data change given to me by FIC was change IFR to 34 and "leave everything else stock tune". Performed the MAF tune again and started in on SD tuning. My VE table looks like crap and is maxed out in many cells. I've been using the paste special multiply by half % except in the cells that are way lean, to those cells I've been adding by 20% until they are pretty well maxed out. I have LTFT disabled, DCFO disabled, and MAF disabled. I keep getting way lean readings on the histogram near WOT and decal, but a lot of them aren't showing very far from 1 lambda on the logged AFR. I have noticed while logging that some of the cells that are extremely lean eventually change back to close to normal after they get a few more hits. My STFT are still very high but with no more room on VE table. My original injector duty cycle would go up over 100% but now I am barely breaking 50%. I assume is something simple I'm missing or misunderstanding as this is my first dive into the tuning world. I know this should be a simple tune for the mild cam but I am stumped. I greatly appreciate all the info you guys have provided so far and appreciate anything additional anyone has to offer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I'd say for your first time tuning your doing pretty good. If you put in the 34lb injectors you could look on the tune repository and look for a vehicle that had those in it, then copy the data over for the Offset vs. Volts vs. VAC and the short pulse limit and short pulse adder. And to go into speed density you will want to also go under Engine Diagnostics and change the first three to mil on first error. Those have to do with the MAF. And I would change your ve table back to stock before you do that. Under power enrichment you could set the throttle cold to 50 percent and power enrichment eq ratio to 1.18 would be a good starting point. Your IAT spark correction is fine, but I would zero out all of the other ones or it will be messing with you. And also you should your high and low octane maps the same. Good luck