Thread: 42LB Ford Lightning injectors.

Potential Tuner

42LB Ford Lightning injectors.

Just want to make sure I have things correct with my 42LB green top lightning injectors in my 2002 Mustang GT with Vortech V3 and Light big MAF.

Flow rate Low: 0.0127959
    Flow rate High: 0.0119471

Flow rate Low vs Pressure:
    128:1.27
    060:1.20
    040:1.00
    020:0.80
    000:0.71

Flow rate High vs pressure:
    128:1.24
    060:1.18
    020:0.80
    000:0.72

BKPT: 0.0000212

BKPT Multiplier
    128:1.13
    060:1.12
    020:0.79
    000:0.71

Comp Mult vs Voltage
    16.0: 0.575
    14.0: 0.670
    11.0: 1.095
    10.0: 1.321
    08.0: 2.098
    06.0: 4.986

PW minimum: 0.0011291

Advanced Tuner
    http://efidynotuning.com/injdata.htm

frpp 42lb f302 injectors

disregard k-constant thats a tunerpro thing

minpw should always be set to 0
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Senior Tuner
    Just know that if you set min PW to 0, at very low airflows like, idle and decel return to idle, the injectors may become very inconsistent as far as fuel delivery at low commanded PW. Mostly an issue with idle tuning, more of an issue with cheap large injectors, low rail pressures, fuels with high stoich ratios, and if your battery ages and gets weak. If you do notice it its easy enough to fix with setting a min PW just slightly higher than what its tring to command at those conditions. Better to be slightly rich than inconsistent.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    http://efidynotuning.com/injdata.htm

frpp 42lb f302 injectors

disregard k-constant thats a tunerpro thing

minpw should always be set to 0
    Looks like everything else looks good though???
    Last edited by Bearfoot_25; 06-07-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Just know that if you set min PW to 0, at very low airflows like, idle and decel return to idle, the injectors may become very inconsistent as far as fuel delivery at low commanded PW. Mostly an issue with idle tuning, more of an issue with cheap large injectors, low rail pressures, fuels with high stoich ratios, and if your battery ages and gets weak. If you do notice it its easy enough to fix with setting a min PW just slightly higher than what its tring to command at those conditions. Better to be slightly rich than inconsistent.
    This guy is just crazy - he is all over the forum telling everyone to "set min PWM to 0". Asked him numerous times why but to no avail.

IMHO this is a horrible advice, sure you can try to raise it or lower a bit but NEVER set it to 0. This will screw your idle to say the least.

Advanced Tuner
    Never seen you ask me why?

hptuners had a bug that would max out the minpw and cause engines to run rich but regardless I have always recommended setting minpw to 0 for over 10 years now.

If you think setting minpw to 0 will cause any issues its obvious that you have never looked at the actual ford code. Saying it will screw up idle is just ignorant and a blatent lie.

Thats no different than saying raising the rev limiter will screw your idle lol.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

Senior Tuner
    https://youtu.be/myJcs0KNyRA?t=260

Saying minPW won't affect idle like RPM limit wont effect idle is a terrible analogy, because minPW can and will. Setting it to 0 won't do anything to the commanded fuel, but you just have to be aware of what your injector PW is going down too. too small and the fueling become inconsistent and very difficult if not impossible to tune. Probably not going to see an issue with 42 lb injectors. 200lb injectors on 93 pump gas and an idle rpm of <900, yeah you might need the min PW set to get it to idle with any sort of consistency. Still just like it would be unreasonable to set your RPM limit to 10000 on a stock rotating assembly, its just better practice to use reasonable limits in all fields and not let things get out of your control or to dangerous levels.

Advanced Tuner
    I have 220lb injectors on my 02 harley truck with 93 octane and it idles at 700 rpm better than stock with fuel perfectly at stoich.

minpw is 0

its obvious you nor v4 understand how the ecu controls fuel.

Its not wise for you nor veefour to blatently lie speaking out to things you clearly do not understand.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

Senior Tuner
    I don't think you understand this isn't a "understanding how the ecu controls fuel" issue. Its an inherent characteristic of all injectors at very low pulse widths that the fuel delivered from them does not follow a nice linear flow relationship like is modeled in all ECUs that I've seen, multislope breakpoint(high slope/low slope) included. Its a loss of control and an algorithm limitation issue, hence why the value exist in the ecu. Sure you can zero it out with no ill consequences in most cases, but its there for a reason even in OEM calibrations. These guys you're telling to 0 it out, or someone reading later in the future could live in Denver, Mexico city, some place really warm all year round, or just have a vacuum leak causing measured air mass at idle to be very low, you don't know. So maybe you've never seen a vehicle need a min PW value to maintain consistent fuel, but there are cases where it is and will be needed.

I clearly don't understand and I'm lying, ECU code is equivalent to magic and fortune telling. /S
    Sorry I respect your experience and knowledge, but you have to see your ignorance in this 0 min PW recommendation and leaving it at that value.

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    Its not wise for you nor veefour to blatently lie speaking out to things you clearly do not understand.
    Hoho..shorts fired.

I think you being an autodidact and not being an engineer explains YOUR lack of understanding the min PW setting.
    If you would ever go to tech school and play with led's resistors and other discrete elements you would have a better understanding.

RPM analogy was so absurdly stupid it gave me a Forest Whitaker eye...

Here's a better example. Imagine your v8 truck needs at least 40HP to idle properly - not less cuz it will stall.
    You with all your over-rated elementary school knowledge want it to idle at 30HP. Not going to happen puff cake.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    I clearly don't understand and I'm lying, ECU code is equivalent to magic and fortune telling. /S
    Sorry I respect your experience and knowledge, but you have to see your ignorance in this 0 min PW recommendation and leaving it at that value.
    Naah Murf, he's extremely over-rated....personally never heard of him. He tries to play bic boi tho.

I often find that you should increase min PW cheaper injectors which makes sense as they are all single hole. Imagine trying to squirt 1ml trough 10mm hole.
    But this guys claims otherwise...without any solid explanation...in a fact his only explanation is that he has a bigger dick..