Thread: Accidentially licensed TCM

Accidentially licensed TCM

I have a 2017 Buick Regal GS. Read, what I thought, was the entire calibration with an older version of editor, not sure what version, maybe 4.0. I don't think it had the ECM and TCM type listed when I read the calibration. I added two credits on my MPVI cable and licensed the calibration. I open the calibration and the engine tabs are blank. I download the newest stable version and read the entire calibration again thinking I needed a newer version. Saved over previous calibration written by older version. I always save stock files in a read-only directory. Tried to resave in a different directory so I could start editing and it would not allow me and that I needed 4 credits to license. Looked into license info and it seems I licensed the TCM, T43. I know once credits are gone they are gone but I'm wondering if the 4 credits is ECM only or both ECM and TCM and if I just wasted 2 credits licensing the TCM only.
    '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67 minus the M90 plus a 60-1

Did you get it figured out ?

I'm wondering because the 17 Regal should be 4 credits for both the engine and trans. Obviously you should be able to download the factory tune with out any credits. So try to get the ECM tune again and see what happens. Probably getting a Support ticket would be the easiest and fastest way of getting an answer.