Thread: E85 LS3 C6 - Stock injectors / Stock Pump

Tuner in Training

E85 LS3 C6 - Stock injectors / Stock Pump

Hey guys, been doing a lot of reading.

I have found conflicting information - some say you need injectors, some say you need a pump and some say you can run stock.

What is the consensus? Right now I am running 1 7/8 headers and that is it. Car is tuned, but no flex sensor yet.

I would like to buy the DSX kit or piece one together if I can find the info.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you should be able to do it
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    check ur current injector duty and if u have a spare 30% u should be good, if not u need to upgrade some stuff

Have a buddy who runs 7.50 in the 1/8 with nothing more then rear mufflers cut off and e85 tune and radials (factory ls3 car and IDC is around 90% if I remember)

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

its always a gamble, some stock pumps go for a while, some for much less time. Very similar to the debate on BAP, some pumps handle it and some do not. either way 250ish LPH stock pump will only take you so far, and that max hp is going to be greatly reduced because of the need for more gas if you go e85. Methanol is another option and will allow higher horsepower on your stock pump, as you wont need to move as much gas, and you have no fear of it running through your fuel system since it goes through the intake. If your stock pump blows while you are almost maxing out the fuel pump and injectors, you can guarantee extreme lean followed by extreme boom. if you are going to actually convert to e85, and get the flex sensor with a new tune(keep in mind some stations are really e60 or e40), you should get a walbro 450. its not hard to to replace the stock pump with it and then you can rest easy and have room for FI or nitrous in the future. A walbro 450 is 100$, a new motor is ridiculous.