Thread: C7 Stingray 8L90E Converter WILL NOT LOCK

C7 Stingray 8L90E Converter WILL NOT LOCK

I have a 2015 C7 Stingray with forged motor, LT4 blower, heads, cam all of the goodies. Triple disc converter and I cannot get this thing to lock to save my life! I can't get my line pressure above 12 psi TO lock it. No Locky Lock.hplNew Torque Table Attempt.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I have 2015 C7 as well with the exact same issue with a circle D torque converter hopefully someone has some insight.

same issue. bump.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    My thinking is that there is a table or multiple tables that disinhibit torque converter lockup if the converter slippage is past a certain threshold. The early 5 speed Allisons in the GMT-800 Duramax's had the same issue, there was a table that stopped the TCC from applying when the converter slip amount was greater than some value, so if you put a big enough tune on it the torque converter would never lockup at WOT. I know a lot of people say they think its faster when they leave the TCC unlocked at WOT, I just don't see how you can argue that point given how much heat is wasted as energy instead of being put into kinetic energy at the tires.

I don't think we have near the amount of tables we have access to in the T87s to properly control the 8L90.