Thread: 05 5.9 Desired Line Pressure Vs Actual Pressure

Tuner in Training

05 5.9 Desired Line Pressure Vs Actual Pressure

I have been logging some in town cruising and monitoring the trans line pressure desired vs actual. From my understanding this reading comes from gov pressure sensor. My question though is should my desired vs actual be so far off? It's rarely on par with each other
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    They shouldn?t really be far apart from each other, other than when in lockup or when unlocked and OSS is at a point where desired will be over about 97psi. Actual won?t register any higher than 97-99psi if I remember correctly even though stock form max gov pressure is set at 127psi and lockup pressure is set at 127psi. Just the nature of the beast.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the information. I guess the readings seem to be about on par with that information.

Banned
    A little extra information, by stock tables your desired gov pressure can show 127psi and not be in lockup even though lockup pressure by default is set a desired pressure of 127psi. So a little trick to help with logging to see if lockup is occurring when desired is to lower the cell(s) in the governor pressure table to a lesser value, say 115psi. That way you?ll be able to clearly see in a log when you?ve reached the upper end of the gov pressure table and the moment lockup is requested by the sudden jump in desired pressure from 115 to 127psi.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, thanks for that information. That should definitely help me.