Thread: borderline knock table optimum

Tuner in Training

borderline knock table optimum

hey everyone,

i don't know if anyone posted this or before i couldn't find any threads to be honest.

my car currently runs with a 2018 intake ( 2014 GT -Auto) for the borderline knock table optimum performance the rpm is 7000 on the last row, do i need to adjust it to my current max rpm which is 7500 or keep it as the same?

and i would appreciate if anyone can help me with numbers to start with on the opening and closing valve angles ,, mine are currently based off lasota cookbook i'll post them below. the car first dyno before the intake back in last august netted 393whp on a very hot night last time i took it back in december i lost 2whp and my guessing something was wrong with the dyno itself. car best time is 12.024 with 28 tires with 116mph.

Closing.JPG

Opening.JPG

and last, i would like to thank everyone for the support and all the knowledge I've gained i really learned a lot from you guys.

Advanced Tuner
    no the ecu interpolates so doesnt matter if the last column is 400 rpm it will continue to use it at even 16,000 rpm.

It sounds like the dyno is working perfectly. Hot weather has no affect on dyno numbers only heat soaked engines. A lot of people mistakenly mix those two up.

I've seen some pretty different cam angles thrown around before and at wot its not going to make much of a difference on a stock engine.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    no the ecu interpolates so doesnt matter if the last column is 400 rpm it will continue to use it at even 16,000 rpm.

It sounds like the dyno is working perfectly. Hot weather has no affect on dyno numbers only heat soaked engines. A lot of people mistakenly mix those two up.

I've seen some pretty different cam angles thrown around before and at wot its not going to make much of a difference on a stock engine.
    that what i was worried about that i needed to adjust the tables especially that i felt like the car is dying on rpm above 7200 ,, i'll have to put her on the dyno again.

the reason i doubted the dyno that i did feel that something was wrong with the car on the dyno, while on the street it was super perfect on that same night

Advanced Tuner
    I dont follow.

I dont comprehend what your trying to achieve.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    I dont follow.

I dont comprehend what your trying to achieve.
    i mixed up two different things together my bad.

the reason i wanted to know about the Table at first is that i had my concerns that maybe i needed to adjust my RPM range on the table to make sure it matches my RPM.

the dyno talk was about me feeling the car felt like it losing power above 7200 rpm on the street, that's why i'll put her on the dyno to do few test runs. and i was referring to the last dyno i went to when i said it was acting weird.

Potential Tuner
    I would imagine that you are past peak HP above 7200 and it is losing power. But that is normal, even on a 2018 intake.

Tuner
    do you have longtubes? My 14 with 18 Intake and longubes no cats im using IVO -50 to 5k by 7500 tapering to -22 EVC is 15 by 7500 starting at 8 at 2k this is while in Optimum Power. im still trying to datalog and adjust the EVC for power. No dyno or track times.