Thread: 2007 Charger 5.7 another newb question

Potential Tuner

2007 Charger 5.7 another newb question

Bought this car, old police car. It has a good bit of upgrades. Brembo brakes , full exhaust . perfect rt interior. I was told when I bought it that after the cam swap it tunes a retune. Not a big deal Im thinking. Turns out its in limp mode. I cleared codes but no luck p0016. I replaced both sensors , checked the wiring everything looks fine. The cr runs pretty smooth. I mean doesn't feel like its a tooth off. I don't have the cam card. but its a comp. Heres the thing that's got me jacked up.In the morning when the ect is below 145 or so, it runs fine. Big power, no 2800 rpm limiter. Shifts thru the gears , down shifts no problem. Then it warms up and back to limp. Before I pull it apart, Im thinking I would ask on here see if anyone has seen this before. I am assuming this happens when it goes to close loop. Is there a way to keep it in open loop , will it hurt anything if I do?Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Update. Open loop tune did not help. Goes in limp mode around 160 ect. Checking signal from the two sensors today.

Tuner in Training
    You need to do a cam crank resync. Just went through this with my 5.7 earlier this spring.
    07 Dodge Plum Crazy Daytona
    Supercharged 5.7
    1/4 mile time 10.843 @ 125mph

Potential Tuner
    ok ill try that. thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Did you fix the problem?