Thread: Couple head scratchers (2000 F-Body LS1)

Tuner in Training

Question Couple head scratchers (2000 F-Body LS1)

Im in the process of tuning a 2000 Cam only+bolt ons and 3200 stall LS1 Auto F-Body, and its doing a couple weird things. Its accelerating in drive at idle to around 1800rpm, though when its in neutral/park, it idles perfectly at 900ish rpm.

Also, its developed an increase in RPMs before drops into overdrive. It did kick up a stuck shift solenoid code (P0753 I think), so I cleared it and drove it more to see if it would come back. It did not, but the rpm increase before shifting into OD is still present.

Any way you guys could take a look for me? I have attached the tune, the short snippets of the log where I found the issues and the entire log of my cruise back to my house.

Thank you
    Mike
    4th gear shift rev increase.hplIncreased idle speed in gear.hplCruise.hplworking version.hpt

It seems a little lean based on the wideband and your timing is way too high if you ask me. The idle timing is high to me and off idle it's going way past 50-55 degrees.

The base running airflow may need more work and what are your IAC counts at idle?

This isn't a small block 350 either with the timing under load, there is no way in hell it's making more power at 35-40 degrees of timing at wide open throttle than it is at 25-28 degrees. I'd go back to stock LS1 timing tables if it were me.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

That spark map will ABSOLUTELY break a stock LS1, and waaaay sooner than later. Put stock timing tables NOW, BEFORE YOU RUN IT AGAIN. If you did this to your own car it's one thing, but I sure hope that you are not a professional doing this to a customer's car.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com