Thread: 08 gmc sierra 6.0 tune help

Potential Tuner

08 gmc sierra 6.0 tune help

So I have attached my tunes that I have been trying to work on. I am new to this and no idea what I am doing I have wrote those programs to the truck 2bar starts but dies right away the other one runs but when in second gear you can floor the truck and it delays 3 sec's then will go. I have no idea what I did or am doing so any help would be much appreciated.

(I have attached two but I don't think either one is the 2 Bar one, I will attach that one when I get a chance.)

I am just trying to get the most out of my truck.
    Cold air intake
    borla exhaust
    The only things I have done for now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Here is a drive home with Base and attached is 2bar tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why would you apply the 2 bar tune if you are not running boost??

Stick to the stock calibration if you aren't.

Do more reading before making changes that may hurt you.

The biggest seat of the pants changes can come from changing power enrichment settings. Low the delays some. Like go to 65% throttle instead of 87%. Lower the RPM enable from 5,000+ rpm down to 1,500. Some torque mngt changes on the engine side can be done. And changing up the shifts to make it better.

I notice you have 4 rear o2 sensor codes, if the cats are gone you need to disable those codes. As well as disabled COT (cat overtemp) and the post 02 sensor test and cat test under the engine diag tab.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I did some reading last night about TM. I did some work with that today. I did read more about the 2bar. I have heard two things put it and dont I do have plans on running boost in a couple months.

I have been trying to read as much as I can I just keep finding people going back and fourth. Some say try and fine tune others say stock tune up. Just trying to learn and figure out. Ya I have the cats the sensors went bad two days before I did all this. So I have the new sensors just waiting for a weekend I can get time to install them. Thanks for the advice.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ccspiringer View Post
    Thanks I did some reading last night about TM. I did some work with that today. I did read more about the 2bar. I have heard two things put it and dont I do have plans on running boost in a couple months.

I have been trying to read as much as I can I just keep finding people going back and fourth. Some say try and fine tune others say stock tune up. Just trying to learn and figure out. Ya I have the cats the sensors went bad two days before I did all this. So I have the new sensors just waiting for a weekend I can get time to install them. Thanks for the advice.
    did you try tuning out the stock calibration

Senior Tuner
    Here's a safe tune for you that will enable PE Mode as it should be. I also addressed TM for you. That poor ol 4L70 needs a little TM help on the 2-3 shift.2008 GMC Sierra Tune KW MOD.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help. Kevin87turbot I will try out your tune.
    I got a stock ecm and my dad works for a gm dealership so everything was updated and flashed to stock and I downloaded it and saved a copy will work on that one. I also purchased master engine tuner so hoping that will help me. Ill post updates as I figure stuff out. Thanks for the help.