Thread: "Unlicensed Vehicle" ticket #222689

Potential Tuner

"Unlicensed Vehicle" ticket #222689

After numerous searches found that almost all of these required a ticket to be submitted. Ticket # 222689 created.
    When going to 'write entire' as told by my tuner, it simply says unlicensed vehicle.
    Went and bought another 2 credits because the tuner said i need to license this tune since it says "unlicensed vehicle". Go to write entire after purchasing 2 more credits and it does the same thing. Nowhere does it allow me to apply credits. $100 down the drain.

I did do a thing, and delete the license.vat as suggested in another thread that had the exact same issue and now it won't even allow me to write at all so i'm even further from the solution that i was before. Will wait for HPtuners to respond.
    Last edited by CTSVAB; 06-07-2020 at 06:26 PM.

Did they ever get resolved? I had something similar happen today. A vehicle I've written many times came back for some tune changes and now it suddenly says Unlicensed Vehicle. Under License information it clearly shows it being licensed.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    Did they ever get resolved? I had something similar happen today. A vehicle I've written many times came back for some tune changes and now it suddenly says Unlicensed Vehicle. Under License information it clearly shows it being licensed.
    Please open a support ticket with your issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by delfrantz View Post
    I got same error as well, should I also open support ticket??

Any resolution? I am stuck too. And I submitted the ticket. I hate the submit and wait game

Tuner in Training

Cool Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Plum7o2 View Post
    Any resolution? I am stuck too. And I submitted the ticket. I hate the submit and wait game

I decided to do a little trouble shooting. After I was able to activate the license/use the credits. It was still saying I did not have a license for this file. I noticed it was showing the Transmission file (that I did Not purchase credits for) and if you click ok do not license it just closes the box. I thought about this.... I re-read from my car and decided NOT to read the transmission as to create a file solely for the engine parameters.
    Read. tried to write again and all was gravy.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    delfrantz, his post was spam, not legitimate you could tell by the spammy links in his signature, bye

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I decided to do a little trouble shooting. After I was able to activate the license/use the credits. It was still saying I did not have a license for this file. I noticed it was showing the Transmission file (that I did Not purchase credits for) and if you click ok do not license it just closes the box. I thought about this.... I re-read from my car and decided NOT to read the transmission as to create a file solely for the engine parameters.
    Read. tried to write again and all was gravy.
    The only TCM we charge for is the T87/T87A, if your vehicle doesn't use one of those thats not your issue. With that said the most common issue is reading the FSCM which some people don't want to touch, the FSCM's all require a license though so I'd say a good 95% of the "unlicensed vehicle" tickets we get are related directly to that. So much so that we have a sticky for it in the gen 4 gm car/truck section just so people are well aware of this if they happened to miss it on our supported vehicle list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    The only TCM we charge for is the T87/T87A, if your vehicle doesn't use one of those thats not your issue. With that said the most common issue is reading the FSCM which some people don't want to touch, the FSCM's all require a license though so I'd say a good 95% of the "unlicensed vehicle" tickets we get are related directly to that. So much so that we have a sticky for it in the gen 4 gm car/truck section just so people are well aware of this if they happened to miss it on our supported vehicle list.
    This gets asked about a ton on my end too for remote tuning customers. I really think it would make more sense to have the software default to Read Entire for ECM and TCM, and Do Not Read for the other modules. At that point, the user would need to go in and change those to Read Entire if they want to or are instructed by their tuner to read the extra modules. Would cut down on a lot of confusion, and as you say 95% of support tickets related to Unlicensed Vehicle questions.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    This gets asked about a ton on my end too for remote tuning customers. I really think it would make more sense to have the software default to Read Entire for ECM and TCM, and Do Not Read for the other modules. At that point, the user would need to go in and change those to Read Entire if they want to or are instructed by their tuner to read the extra modules. Would cut down on a lot of confusion, and as you say 95% of support tickets related to Unlicensed Vehicle questions.
    Its a catch 22 and would require alot more coding work vs us taking the 2 seconds to explain it via support email. Likely won't happen anytime soon if ever. The more likely outcome would be us setting it to read no modules and have the USER select what modules he/she wants to read that way the onus is on the user and not us.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 08-26-2020 at 11:58 AM.