Thread: Boost Gauge with SCI parameters

Tuner in Training

Boost Gauge with SCI parameters

Could anyone tell me how to set up a boost gauge with SCI parameters? I found a video on youtube for how to do it using SAE parameters, but I'm trying to get rid of all SAE logging since it slows the SCI logging down. I haven't been able to find those same settings for an SCI gauge. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and vehicle is 2005 5.9

Banned
    Create a math PID of MAP reading minus BARO reading and add that custom created math PID to your channels list. You?ll need to use PID ID number, so add MAP and Baro to the channels, save channels list xml, open the xml in either notepad or the internet explorer and it?ll show you the PID ID number for each PID. Use those ID numbers in the formula for the custom math PID. Tip, in the PID selection window, click the gear icon with the green check mark in it (if I remember correctly) to get it to display only PIDs relevant to your ECM.

Banned
    Also, stock MAP sensor is only good to about 36psi or so, depends on your altitude. It?s escaping me how bars the stock sensor is good for but it reads absolute pressure, so atmospheric pressure plus boost pressure. Lower your altitude, the higher the atmospheric pressure thus less room available for reading boost and vise versa for higher altitudes.
    Last edited by Jim P; 06-08-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Tuner in Training
    My problem is I have only show the SAE versions of baro and MAP sensor. Are they only available in SAE versions or should I be seeing them in the SCI version as well? Only reason I don’t want to log SAE is that I understand it slows the other parameters logging capabilities down?