Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Understanding the Dodge ETC system: Tuning for a linear throttle response with a S/C?

Tuner in Training
    Another issue I have found that helps to smooth out low speed is the air flow gain settting and the min throttle voltage and step size. The gain has pressure ratios from 10 to 100 on the y axis. With forced induction that reange no longer is accurate. It needs to be rescaled to 30 -130 pr more depending on boost. Idle is now in the PR range of 40-50 so the idle vlaues need to be moved to those areas. This works in 18-20 vehicles, in 2021 they made a change to the throttle model and I don't think the tables in HP tuners line up quite right. I have not been able to modify any throttle airflow values without very weird results. As for the min voltage the higher you can set this setting before the rpm does not return to the idle rpm the better manners it will have off the line. Also try to minimze the step value of the voltage. You know when you go to small as the small pedal inputs cause surging. This is also affected by the first two values in the airflow tables. If you jave a table that works try leaving those values alone until you absolutely have to change them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVECS2 View Post
    Another issue I have found that helps to smooth out low speed is the air flow gain settting and the min throttle voltage and step size. The gain has pressure ratios from 10 to 100 on the y axis. With forced induction that reange no longer is accurate. It needs to be rescaled to 30 -130 pr more depending on boost. Idle is now in the PR range of 40-50 so the idle vlaues need to be moved to those areas. This works in 18-20 vehicles, in 2021 they made a change to the throttle model and I don't think the tables in HP tuners line up quite right. I have not been able to modify any throttle airflow values without very weird results. As for the min voltage the higher you can set this setting before the rpm does not return to the idle rpm the better manners it will have off the line. Also try to minimze the step value of the voltage. You know when you go to small as the small pedal inputs cause surging. This is also affected by the first two values in the airflow tables. If you jave a table that works try leaving those values alone until you absolutely have to change them.
    I guess half the issue is that we don't know exactly what tables are actually missing eg my definition file does not have the min throttle voltage or step size. Do you have a screen shot of what these tables look like?
    My stock tune has all the gains set to 1 as is my s/c tune, thus i don't expect the PR scale limited to 1.0 being an issue? Was yours different from factory?

Tuner in Training
    I've been reading through this post and although some of it is way over my head, I try to understand it. It looks as if you are working on what I'd like to accomplish with my 2010 supercharged challenger. I have my throttle pedal WOT enable voltage set to 1.4. I'd love to have a normal pedal feel without a lean or light switch condition. Has anybody achieved that goal without side effects?

Tuner
    Hi Mr. Hemi,
    Could you please take a look at my tune and see if you can find any reason why the OBD Readiness monitors of the fuel system, catalyst, oxygen sensors, and EVAP systems won't read "ready" ? I'm a newbie and need some help with this so the car will pass inspection. Thank you !
    CHARGER READ FILE.hpt