So I blew up my lsj a few months back. I was looking around for another engine then came across a cheap lk9. So I did some research on how hard it would be to do the swap. Well turns out it's a very easy swap and you can really do it with simple tools from Walmart. But all sensors from the cobalt need to be switched to the lk9. The cobalt ecm wont run the saab sensors. They all look the same but are very different. Everything is a direct bolt up to the cobalt. Only thing is the cpm. I got mine tuned in pretty well so I dont have any starting problems but it took me about a half a day to figure out where the hex needs to be on the lk9. It will all work. There are a few other things like the intake studs need taped to 8mm instead of the 6mm that saab used for the supercharger but again easy to fix. It only took me about four days doing this swap by myself in a garage with no lift.its alot easier to just unbolt the frame and lift the car off the engine and trans. Trust me you dont even wanna try pulling it from the top. It can be done but clearance is VERY tight. The car runs just like any other cobalt ss out there. I have an opt. For a dyno/tune in a few days.