Thread: User Defined Parameters

Potential Tuner

User Defined Parameters

So I have been EFI Live guy for years and years. But I'm now looking for alternatives or to at least expand our line of services.

Here I have the efilive CAX files with all the information for the tables i may want to add. Which i suppose is the hardest part. Now im trying to add these flag into a XDF File to see if i can gain access to said tabvles through HP Tuners.

Here is a quick example in from a table from a Dodge cax file. ( I X'd out the hex address of this code... FOR EXAMPLE PURPOSES)

Description
    ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DESC.001 = P046C Diagnostics code. Turn value to zero to turn off.
    ;
    ; Seg Caption Major Minor Vis Dis 2D Grp
    ; --- ---------------------------------------- ---------------- ---------------- --- --- -- --
    VIEW = 2 "P046C" "Custom Mapped" "Codes" 1 1 0 0
    ;
    ; Address(es) BitOff Bits Typ Inv
    ; -------------------------------- ------ ---- --- ---
    ADDR = XXXXX 0 16 UNM 0
    ;
    ; Units Factor Offset Prec MinLimit MaxLimit MinUser MaxUser
    ; -------- -------------- -------------- ---- -------------- -------------- -------------- --------------
    SI_SLOT = . 1 0 0 0 10000 0 10000

If i understand correctly, since i have the hex address and the bit size... i can just create a flag in TunerPro in a XDF file... save the XDF file... and then use that XDF in Hptuners to get access to that trouble code?

Is there a way to try it and see if It works without paying the $170 for the feature? On Ez Lynk and Efi Live I am able to test these things (for no additional cost). If I buy the ability to add user defined tables, but end up not being
    able to define them for whatever reason... I'm out $200 that could have been spent on credits. If it works, then that will open the door to us using Hp Tuners instead (or in addition to) our current platform.

I appreciate any help. I know only 1% of HpT users will know anything about what im trying to accomplish. But im already invested in the mpvi2 (two of them actually). So I'd like to line out these details before we fully commit by stocking the nGauge and various products related to this ecosystem.

TIA
    Last edited by Dragit; 06-08-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Tuner in Training
    well I paid the 170 for the user defined parameters but was not able to accomplish what I was trying to do. If you want to send me your xdf file and a tune I can try and load it in there for you and see if it accept it