Thread: No start on a 2014 Ram 5.7 swap into a 2000 jeep SKIM disabled

No start on a 2014 Ram 5.7 swap into a 2000 jeep SKIM disabled

CKP and CMP are good. Cranks over no problem. The PCM will not command spark or fuel. I got a stand alone harness from a really really horrible place called Swap Specialties. They never sent me my PCM back. It only took them about 6 months to deliver the harness. Which was wrong in a few places. Swap Specialties had the main connector locks backwards, so the 1st used PCM I got fried. It got real hot when I turned the Key on, and obviously let the smoke out. So I had to buy another PCM. It's been a complete disaster of a swap.
    I have gone through the entire harness. Everything checks out now. I got another used PCM and sent it to B and G to have the SKIM disabled. It shows SKIM as "Unkown" in HP Tuners datalogging. I think the PCM will not command "start" until it sees a "start" signal over the CAN. I looked for inputs into the PCM for "crank" etc... Nothing has worked. I have power at the injectors and coils while cranking. The PCM will turn on the ASD relays and fuel pump relay while cranking. I tried changing the options in the PCM with HP tuners. Such as " IGN start over CAN ". It was enabled stock, I changed it to disable, but still no luck.

2014 Ram 5.7 with 6 speed tune files

Here's the base calibration and the calibration I have made various changes to. And a datalog of the engine cranking over.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Ok check it out i have a swap specialties harness had the same issues about wiring they are not what they seem beware.. As for spark.. I had put a ground from my pcm to body. Also if you modded like i did i believe im pulling -timing... I only got it to fire with a light bust of starter fluid. I hate using that stuff but she fired and idled i as well thought it was skim. Please let me know where to find the oil pressure pid!?

Potential Tuner
    Also got a friend that says the skim disable with hp tuners is hit and miss lately he owns a mopar swap store/company

Tuner in Training
    I believe on the later GPEC PCMs you need to buy another custom module called a start signal replicator from AJ at HemiTuner Performance

I just ordered that start signal replicator from AJ. I hope it works.
    I wasn't using HP tuners for the SKIM disable. I sent the PCM out to BG Performance to have the skim disabled.
    I do have a ground strap on the pcm also. It doesn't fire with starting fluid either. No spark and no injector pulse.
    Hopefully I'll find in a few days if this start signal replicator.

Tuner in Training
    Keep us updated please

All it needed was that start signal replicator module from AJ @ Hemituner. Thank you for steering me in that direction. The Jeep runs.

One other thing to note: The start signal replicator module needs to be unplugged while flashing. I had to put a switch to break the ground connection on the box. Otherwise, it won't flash. I imagine the communication on the CAN line interrupts whatever flashing criteria etc... Datalogs just fine, but won't flash with this module connected.

Tuner in Training
    Out of interest how much was the start signal replicator?

250 plus shipping. And endless searches on the internet. And there isn't a website for AJ either. You just have to call him and order it.