Thread: Strange issue abot WOT staus bit

Potential Tuner

Strange issue abot WOT staus bit

This is most likely a lack of understanding on my part. I have been trying to solve a Knock issue with my Red Line (LSJ). When I go WOT the status bit is set and VCMscanner shows it going high and at the same time the closed loop bit also stays high (on). It just so happens that when the WOT status bit goes high, the knock starts. Any education on this, I would appreciate.

Thank,

Mark

See if the Fuel Trim Enable bit is cleared at that time... FTE is the closed loop operation of your system. You can also tell by o2 sensor activity. If you have activity, your in CL. If the sensors rail, then you're in PE. If they flatline, your in deep DFCO.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    See if the Fuel Trim Enable bit is cleared at that time... FTE is the closed loop operation of your system. You can also tell by o2 sensor activity. If you have activity, your in CL. If the sensors rail, then you're in PE. If they flatline, your in deep DFCO.

EC
    I will setup a run with the FTE status recorded and see what that says. I noticed on the O2 sensor that it goes high and shows about a 50mV fluctuation across the WOT event. If I undstand you correctly, the fuel trim enable bit would be the true telltale...

Mark

Mark, If your o2's are going to ~800+ and stay there, you're in Open Loop Power Enrichment mode. Fuel trims are definitely off. FTE will just confirm it.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!