Thread: 4L60E Solenoid B fault

Potential Tuner

4L60E Solenoid B fault

Hi, I have just converted a LS1 with electronic throttle from a 700R4 to a 4L60E. After telling the PCM it is an automatic it has issues with shift solenoid B being pulsed. If you command it on with the scanner you can hear the solenoid clicking as the solenoid is commanded on and off. It is being pulsed quickly but not enough to actually shift. Solenois A stays on steady and works OK. Wiring to solenoid and transmission are all good. If we load in a tune from the repository for a standard 2005 VZ Commodore (donor vehicle) Trans works correctly but does not run well as MAF sensor was deleted and has been cammed. But with that tune you can drive and get 4x gears and lock up. Ihave done a compare and changed everything I can see that could affect it but still no remedy. Has anyone got any ideas. We did not tune it originally buy the way - we are a transmission shop and our knowledge of HP Tuners is limited.
    I have attached the file that was originally in the vehicle with the transmission now switched on.MPF527 Malibu auto idle v4.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    What is the solenoid's resistance? Looks like you have torque converter shift lock Enabled. Trans torque mngt> General> desired torque doesn't have the low speed offset. When does it act up?