Thread: VCM Editor will not open tune files

Potential Tuner

VCM Editor will not open tune files

Even after re- downloading the software to update it, the editor will not open the tune file. But it won't open any of them I have saved...... Neither the stable or beta versions work.
    It keeps giving this error.
    "Unable to open file. Unsupported or newer version detected. Please update your software."
    08JN20_CANNOT OPEN ERROR.JPG

This is the file I am trying to upload.
    https://webmail.earthlink.net/wam/Ms...X&x=1454735038
    Thanks for your help, this is starting to get frustrating...
    Mark

I down loaded the new beta version as suggested. Tried to reload my older tune and exactly what I thought would happen did, now I have a truck that will not even start. I have no idea what to do next.

Tuner
    Dude. The same thing happened to me a couple days ago. Bricked my fking ecm and I replaced it and cannot get it to start still. I've missed days of work because their software shit the bed in the middle of a write cal only (not write entire) and it didn't even attempt recovery. All they told me was here are 2 credits and you need a new ecu. Which I have and it's been reprogrammed with oem tools and it still doesn't start. I need my car running now, guys! This dude too!

Tuner
    What happened? Did it crash when it first started writing where it said "erasing..."? That's what mine did.