Thread: New To HP

Potential Tuner

Post New To HP

HI guys new to this im doing a ls swap in a 96 impala ss 5.3 with a sum8700 cam. now its time for the fun part tuning which I have no Idea looking for some help so can fire my motor up just got my hp in the mail today so if anyone willing to help I say thank you. Im in Orlando and they charge 500 to do this so I spent the 350 do give it a tried thank guys

Well post your tune here so anyone could help

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas713 View Post
    I have no Idea looking for some help
    first theres a good about of reading you need to do. it'll take you a couple of weeks to get an understanding, and a few months to feel somewhat capable.

youtube is your friend, as well as google. there are hjundereds of step by step how tos.

firs thting is to post up your scan file, what engine modifications have been done, and well, basically everything you are trying to do, wanting to do.

theres literally no help any of us can provide without knowing what you are doing, or working with.

I think I accidentally deleted my post...

General jist of it: Watch "goat rope garage" on youtube, he has an entire tuning series with about everything you need to know. Take notes. Flash a stock tune file with your engine and transmission from the repository. If you can find a tune with mods similar to yours you can try it out, but be wary of it and pull some timing out in the beginning just to be safe. Google is your friend but don't be afraid to ask questions if you can't figure something out. Good luck!
    1998 GMC K1500 Z71
    * L31 350 Vortec
    * AUS 43lb injectors
    * Comp 08-410-8 with 1.6 rockers
    * P59 swap
    * Whipple supercharger
    * JBA headers
    * AFR 190cc heads
    * NV4500 swapped
    * Cal-Trac traction bars
    * 1" blocks, 265/70r17 BF Goodrich KO2s, 17X8.5 ALPHAEQUIPT COMMAND LT

You can check into my videos as well. Goat Rope is good, but don't always take one approach at it. There are a lot of things to learn. Also, he doesn't do the forum thing as far as I know, so getting real help is a bit tougher over on youtube. LS1Tech is another fantastic site, and where I spend most of my time.