Thread: wideband question

Potential Tuner

wideband question

ok maybe one of you guys thats been tuning for a while can answer this for me. i finally got around to getting a wideband and installed the other day. ive got an 04 ls1 gto, shorty headers, factory cats, and then turn downs about 6-7" past the cats. my question is will it hurt the wideband sensor(installed in drivers side rear o2 location) and will it skew the wideband reading on decel(even with dfco turned off) being that close to where the exhuast dumps? thanks in advance.

Yes, it will mess up the readings if it's that close to the outside air.

Anything after the cats is going to mess up your readings anyway. Only wide open throttle would be okay to kinda look at, idle and part throttle will not be as accurate.

Put the wideband in front of the cat or put it in the front o2 sensor spot while you do the tuning in open loop. Put the o2 sensor back in when done.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    awesome, thanks for your help.

Tuner in Training
    I would put it closer to the engine however don't forget that most dyno tuners they will put one on the tailpipe to get the readings. So anywhere in the exhaust stream will work in other words
    2012 CTS-V BDT, Auto, Every Option | Lingefelter 2.55" UP | DW65 Injectors | C&R HX | Pierburg CWA100 | 90mm TB | Airaid CF Intake with Green Filter | Lingefelter 160deg T-Stat | 534whp/503tq
    2002 C5 Z06 Quick Silver, AR Headers, Borla Axle Back, A&A Kit