Thread: High Pressure pump issues

Potential Tuner

High Pressure pump issues

I have a 2014 Corvette with the 6.2. We?ve done a lot of work including cam, super charger, upgraded to the LT4 pump and injectors. Deleted Afm and Vvt. It idles tacky and sets low fuel pressure codes. When I did the Vvt delete I changed the phaser gear out and went with the LS3 gear and the Katech delete cover. I?m starting to think the pressure solenoid on the high pressure pump may be opening at the wrong time due to cam position or maybe it?s reading cam position incorrectly because of the gear change. My research shows that the pcm monitors cam position and airmass to determine when the pressure regulation solenoid opens. Has anybody ran into this issue at all?

Not sure if this will help any, but is something I recently saw in regard to the Katech cover and LS3 gear.

F89BDFDB-E82C-482B-B0E8-911C640DEA31.png

Advanced Tuner
    Did you measure for the lash cap on the fuel lobe. I had a lot problems with my HPFP and failed two of them because TSP swore I was using the right one for my L86. Then I found a thread in the corvette forum and learned how to measure for it and it was .016 over stroked. Or something like that. So I used a Ls6 lash cap instead of the comp cams one.

Potential Tuner
    Yes. Texas speed said no lash cap required when using the LT4 pump with there cams. I measured anyway and there was perfect preload without the cap.

Potential Tuner
    I was afraid of that. It?s the first thing I was thinking of. I went against my better judgement and didn?t degree the cam because it was a custom grind from Texas speed and they said it wasn?t necessary. Big mistake on my part. I think I?m going to just take it back apart and put the phaser and stock cover back on and just go with there phaser limiter lockout kit. Thanks for the reply.

lme makes the correct cam gear with a 6 degree bushing installed. It might be on the cam motion web site. I bought the lme cover which comes with the gear and its setup ready to go. I have also need two texas speed cams that when they got degreed corectly they were 2 degrees off something you will not see happen with a cam motion grind. This is why so many avoid tsp now and their cams. Check cam motion site for the gear and the comp cams I dont remember where I saw it but it was under gen v gm so it will be bushed and its only 80 bucks so you can keep that fancy front cover on it. LME goes into this on a youtube vidoe too if wanted to look into it.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150