Thread: Manual Transmission Swap

Tuner in Training

Manual Transmission Swap

I'm on the last length of putting together a trans swap for my 6th gen Monte Carlo, going from the 4t65e, to a 4t80e. While the 4t80e is obviously still a four speed automatic transaxle, I have a standalone controller for it, and will be shifting it manually. Is there really anything I need to do to my tune file? I know I can go and change the trans type drop down from 4t65e to manual, but idk how much that actually changes the way the ECM controls anything. This is on a P04 ECM, and I'll include a random tune file so you can look at what all the parameters I have to work with.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm in the same boat with my 4L80E behind what is basically a L67 per the PCM. Did you ever get farther on this?

Right now I'm planning on piggybacking the VSS into the PCM and disabling codes per the L36 out of an F-body which I pulled a tune from the repository. The one thing I'm really pondering communicating the fact the engine is in gear to the PCM so it'll change the idle. Thoughts are to leave the internal pressure manifold switch (Range A, B, and C) hooked up so it can see that, leaving the external PRNDL switch (TR SW A, B, C, P), or use the AC request as a trigger for this.
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    Experimental Physicist

Current:
    1964 Riviera (4.1L Buick Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 PCM)
    2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan (3.8 GDI, 8spd Aisin)
    1998 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 (454, 4L80E)
    SOLD:
    1970 Riviera
    1965 Riviera GS (465 Super Wildcat, SP400) #'s Matching
    1967 Skylark Deluxe
    1997.5 Regal GS