Thread: Wot %

Potential Tuner

Wot %

Hi I have a 392 with bigger cam. I install a hellcat throttle body and in wot it stop at 76% is it normal ?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes that's about right. For some reason these dodge parameters are scaled from 0-5V instead of the actual TB min/max voltages. So 76% of 5V is 3.8V which is the TB voltage when the blade is actually wide open

Potential Tuner
    Thanks a lot !

Advanced Tuner
    So I see this question pop up from time to time and my question is why do people log % throttle when editing of the tune requires actual voltages? I log throttle and pedal voltages as it has more meaning than percentage. Or is there a reason for logging percent that I am not aware of?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    So I see this question pop up from time to time and my question is why do people log % throttle when editing of the tune requires actual voltages? I log throttle and pedal voltages as it has more meaning than percentage. Or is there a reason for logging percent that I am not aware of?
    Inexperience??

Advanced Tuner
    I'm down with APP yeah you know me.
    app.jpg
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    I'm down with APP yeah you know me.
    app.jpg
    Ah...I have a manual so no experience with tuning autos. But can't you still get %throttle from voltage?

Advanced Tuner
    I used to log throttle % but ended up finding that the scanning rate was much slower than logging the throttle voltage, even if you set the same polling interval for both.

Now I just set up my chart vs time to have the throttle voltage limits of 0 - 3.8V, which gives a nice visual representation of 0 - WOT blade position

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    I used to log throttle % but ended up finding that the scanning rate was much slower than logging the throttle voltage, even if you set the same polling interval for both.

Now I just set up my chart vs time to have the throttle voltage limits of 0 - 3.8V, which gives a nice visual representation of 0 - WOT blade position
    You can setup a custom math parameter when you find something like that and you can log the fast parameter and transform it at display time when you review the log to display as something different like percent

Advanced Tuner
    Cheers for the tip tbr!

Advanced Tuner
    Ah...I have a manual so no experience with tuning autos. But can't you still get %throttle from voltage?
    You can, but there is a trans pedal channel too.
    To be honest, none of them seem to match the maps - voltage, app, or trans pedal
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    To be honest, none of them seem to match the maps - voltage, app, or trans pedal
    All to familiar! One big rabbit hole there..

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...g-Table-Tuning

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Inexperience??
    yeah you're right ! I begin in the tuning world and I did not use the good channel in the vcm scanner ! I noticed later

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Inexperience??
    Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post

I find logging % helps with getting a sharper pedal feel , when doing an all out drag type set up, mostly dealing with staging an Auto trans
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Advanced Tuner
    I would love to pick your brain regarding that @rays04gtx. i have been giving throttle tuning a lot of thought and think there is a lot there not only for consistency and reaction time but maybe for flash? especially if car has a converter. my converter should let this thing flash 500 rpm higher than it was with last years email cmr tune

Advanced Tuner
    You can but. To be honest, none of them seem to match the maps - voltage, app, or trans pedal
    Same thing with diablosport. Was hoping htp had that figured out.

It’s not a perfect “science” , there’s latency, its not dead on , APS 100% = xTPSv is not perfect, but real world isn’t either. I know with what I do it’s helped, I log APPSv,TPSv&TPS% no need for APPS%(my opinion) I use three gauges sit them beside each other
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q