Thread: 2020 Jeep Trackhawk AFR

Tuner

2020 Jeep Trackhawk AFR

Tried some data logging today using the Beta Scanner and the Data log for AFR is not matching the trucks performance pages AFR.
    not sure if I have the correct channels selected, there are so many WB EQ selections.
    At the top of the shift 2nd to 3rd at WOT the scanner shows the AFR of 11.3 the Truck AFR gauge shows 10.5.
    any help would be appreciated.
    I attach the log if that helps.
    20-06-11 16-19-00.hpl
    Last edited by LBSBLOWN; 06-11-2020 at 05:23 PM.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

Advanced Tuner
    PCM is using lambda...so should you.
    Dodge in their wisdom decided that most 93oct has 10-20%E so dash gauge shows 13.8/9ish which is AFR for E15-20 @ lambda 1.00.
    Forget the dash and forget AFR ( fuel content is too variable) - just use lambda, this will also make much more sense if you ever go flex or E85.
    Also looks like you are getting COT enrichment so you may want to raise COT temp.
    It should command around .84 at WOT....if it goes to .76 that will be the COT enrichment.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 06-12-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Tuner
    Thank you for the info, it?s a stock tune.
    Going to do a bit of data logging before I attempt any tuning.
    Thanks again for your help.

Advanced Tuner
    I figured it was stock tune...whenever you touch them (intake/exhaust etc) they pretty much get into COT so that should be raised.
    Don't get scared by the .84 commanded, it is plenty of fuel for stock setup. The .76 with COT on is too much however.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 06-11-2020 at 07:42 PM.

if im running pure premium should i change it to 14.7 in the fuel-general ? also from what i know E10 stoich is 14.1 not 13.7

what about N/A applications i thought that .85 lamda is the best afr for N/A , doesn't it seem too lean for a boosted car to be .84?

Senior Tuner
    You can change the stoich point for your fuel if you want but then you'll probably want to change things like the adder for PE also if you do. 0.84-0.85 seems to work well on stock or near stock boost from the ones I've done. If you are going to be revving higher and have bolt ons even at stock boost injector duty cycle can get up there pretty high with good tune and cool air on stock injectors. I like to target a bit leaner when running towards the limit of something like injectors to go for making power lean and less timing rather than running it a bit richer with more power to get a little more power but then if it does go leaner on a good and cool run you might have too much timing in it. Kind of depends on conditions you tune it in and if it's you're personal vehicle you can monitor too. If tuning in summer you can expect a decent bit more boost when winter comes.